Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, mediterranean orzo chicken pasta. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Mediterranean Orzo Chicken Pasta is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Mediterranean Orzo Chicken Pasta is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
You'll love this easy Mediterranean orzo recipe with zucchini, chickpeas in a chunky, garlicy tomato sauce! Perfect as a vegan main or side dish! Maybe all pasta is deemed easy and family friendly, but for some reason, orzo pasta is one that totally seems to appease my family, and so I always add it to.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have mediterranean orzo chicken pasta using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mediterranean Orzo Chicken Pasta:
- Take 3/4 cup Uncooked Orzo Pasta
- Prepare 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- Take 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley. (OR 1 T. of dried parsley)
- Take 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Get 1 tbsp olive oil
- Take 1 tsp salt
- Get 1/4 tsp pepper
- Get 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Prepare 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces OR store bought, already cooked and diced, chicken.
An easy and healthy dinner option with minimal clean up at the end of the night! Orzo is a small rice shaped pasta that can be found with the rest of the pasta shapes at most grocery stores. On hot days, I pull out this recipe for a cool supper. The lemon dressing is so refreshing.
Instructions to make Mediterranean Orzo Chicken Pasta:
- Cook the Orzo pasta according to the box's directions.
- Meanwhile, cook the chicken until no longer pink. (I poach my chicken)
- To poach chicken, place chicken in large skillet, season chicken to your liking, pour 1 1/2 cups of water over the chicken, cover the skillet with a lid and let it boil over medium heat for 30 minutes. When done, take chicken out of the skillet with tongs and check for doneness.
- Dice the chicken into 1 inch pieces.
- Skin and cut the cucumber.
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, parsley, and chicken.
- After draining the Orzo pasta, stir it into the chicken mixture.
- In another small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper. Then pour over the chicken mixture.
- Toss to coat.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Can be served warm or cold. If choosing to serve cold, chill the meal for at least 30 minutes. (I prefer cold)
- I double this recipe for my family of 6 and triple the dressing to add more flavor. This meal goes great with garlic bread and makes yummy leftovers
If you have it, used grilled chicken Like recipes like this? This Mediterranean chicken with orzo is one of my family's favorite dinners. It's so easy and so delicious. Pasta salad doesn't have to be a soggy, sad mess. This recipe boasts more greens and veg than it does pasta, really punching up its weight when it We say go for a pilaf, a Mediterranean spin on rice (or in this case, orzo).
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food mediterranean orzo chicken pasta recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!