Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, chicken ballotine. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken ballotine is the 'restaurant style' dish that's crazy simple to make. This recipe is different to your usual stuffed chicken- when sliced, the perfect cross section will really make an impact on your. Chicken ballotine is a classic French way of cooking chicken.
Chicken Ballotine is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look fantastic. Chicken Ballotine is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken ballotine using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Ballotine:
- Make ready 1 Chicken Breast (with skin, butterflied)
- Prepare 1 Whole Chicken Leg (deboned, with skin)
- Take [Filling]
- Take 2 pc Breakfast Strips (e.g. bacon)
- Prepare 50 g Spinach
- Make ready 50 g Mozzarella
- Prepare 20 g Garlic (minced)
- Make ready 1 pinch Salt
- Prepare 1 pinch Black Pepper
- Get 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Prepare [Other Necessities]
- Get as needed Cling Wrap (good ones like Glad)
- Prepare as needed Salt
- Prepare as needed Black or White Pepper (for season)
- Prepare as needed Cooking Oil (for searing)
- Take [Optional]
- Get 4 pc Breakfast Strips (to wrap Chicken Breast)
And I could not stop thinking about it. You could use a duck or small turkey instead of the chicken. You will need some knife skills to bone out the bird, and, time to make the sauce and. This slimming friendly Stuffed Chicken Ballotine would make a delicious dinner party meal - great if Traditionally, a dish like this Stuffed Chicken Ballotine would have used boned chicken thighs, but.
Steps to make Chicken Ballotine:
- PREP CHICKEN: butterfly the Chicken Breast by firstly creating an incision with your knife starting from the thickest part. Once you made the incision, open up the Breast and gently pull the meat back as you continue to run your knife. Stop once the Breast thins out. Don't cut all the way through.
- HAMMER: Lay the Chicken flat and flatten them out into a uniform thickness.
- MARINADE: season both sides of the Chicken with Salt and Pepper. Set aside.
- FILLING: heat 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil in a hot pan. Fry the Garlic until fragrant and then add the Spinach, Salt and Pepper. Cook until the Spinach has wilted, then remove, set aside and let it cool.
- PREP ROLL: lay a sheet of Cling Wrap over a flat surface. Place the Chicken on the Cling Wrap. Then, lay one Breakfast Strip and top it off with Mozzarella and the Spinach Filling. Don't fill too much. With the Chicken Breast, line Breakfast Strips in a row on the Cling Wrap before you place the Chicken.
- ROLL: then, roll the Chicken as close and as tight as you can without spilling the Filling. Once the Chicken is rolled, wrap the Ballotine with the Cling Wrap. Tie of the ends, making sure they are close, tight and secure. Do this twice more to prevent punctures and leaks.
- POACH: bring a pot of water to a simmer or scalding and then put in the Ballotine. Poach for 30 minutes. After that, lift the Ballotine into a bowl. With a knife, pierce the Cling Wrap to drain any liquid. Discard the Cling Wrap.
- SEARING: heat 2-3 Tbsp of Cooking Oil in a hot pan. With a pair of tongs, sear the surface of the Ballotine to until brown. I serve this with Sweet Tamarind Sauce.
Playing Jacques Pepin's Chicken Ballotine Stuffed with Spinach, Cheese and Bread Stuffing. A ballottine is a whole chicken that has been boned and stuffed. Showy enough for company, it can be. Ballotine -. "Fagot") is referred to as a rolled and tied with meat without bones, as well as roll stuffed The main thing to guess with stuffing and let it harden well. Ballotine and stuffed breast of guinea fowl with a pistou of vegetables and mixed grains.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food chicken ballotine recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!