Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, jerk chicken. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Jerk Chicken is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. Jerk Chicken is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
The best Jamaican Jerk Chicken including oven and grilling instructions! It's incredibly flavorful thanks to hours of marinating in a vibrant and deliciously seasoned marinade. Jerk is a style of cooking native to Jamaica, in which meat is dry-rubbed or wet marinated with a hot spice mixture called Jamaican jerk spice.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have jerk chicken using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Jerk Chicken:
- Prepare marinade
- Take 1 tsp thyme leaves
- Prepare 1 tsp ground allspice
- Get 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Make ready 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
- Prepare 2 clove garlic,crushed
- Prepare 2 spring onions(scallions) chopped
- Make ready 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- Take 1 tbsp lime juice
- Take 2 tsp lime zest
- Get 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Take 1 scotch bonnet pepper, finely chopped
- Prepare 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Make ready to taste salt and black pepper
- Prepare chicken:
- Get 12 chicken thighs or drumsicks
Hot, succulent Jamaican Jerk Chicken is a tropical treat. You'll love the heat and flavor of this fiery marinade. Try new ways of preparing chicken with jerked chicken recipes and more from the expert chefs at Food Network. Bring the flavors of the Caribbean to dinner.
Steps to make Jerk Chicken:
- Put marinade ingredients in mortar, grind to a paste. You can mash in a bowl with a fork or pulse in a small liquidiser.
- Place chicken in a bowl, pour marinade over and stir to coat evenly. For extra taste you can cut slits into chicken. Cover with clingfilm.
- Place in fridge. Marinade for at least 4 hours, overnight is better
- Place on baking tray and cook in pre-heated oven, 150 C, for 45-60 minutes, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with rice and peas and festivals (see other recipe)
- You can cook these on the barbecue or under the grill, either way turn occasionally and ensure chicken is cooked through.
- For special occasions you can add dark rum in place of vinegar.
- With deference to the nice lady in the Tesco ad, I tried adding a couple of tablespoons of runny honey to the marinade, it takes it to another level !
Jerk Chicken is believed to have been conceived when the Maroons introduced African meat cooking techniques to Jamaica which were combined with native Jamaican ingredients and. Try Levi Roots' sticky jerk chicken wings as a party nibble, or make more substantial jerk chicken thighs to fit in a flatbread or alongside rice and peas. Andi Oliver's jerk chicken and cornmeal waffles. Done right, jerk chicken is one of the great barbecue traditions of the world, up there with Texas brisket and Chinese char siu. It is Jamaica to the bone, aromatic and smoky, sweet but insistently hot.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food jerk chicken recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!