Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, chicken tikka masala. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chicken Tikka Masala is one of my favourite dishes, and this recipe is the bomb! Everything is made in the same pan, so the flavour of the meat transfers. Made-from-scratch Chicken Tikka Masala recipe with the signature yoghurt marinated chargrilled chicken smothered in an incredible spice infused curry sauce.
Chicken Tikka Masala is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Chicken Tikka Masala is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook chicken tikka masala using 25 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Tikka Masala:
- Prepare Marinate (At least 1 Hr)
- Take 1 Cup Plain Yogurt
- Make ready 1 Tbls Lemon Juice
- Take 2 Tsp Cumin
- Prepare 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- Prepare 2 Tsp Cayenne
- Take 2 Tsp Black Pepper
- Get 1 Tbls Ginger Root
- Take 1 Tsp Salt
- Prepare 3 Lbs Chicken Breast, Bite Size Pieces
- Take Skewer and Grill
- Get Wooden Skewers
- Take Sauce
- Get 1 Tbls Salted Butter
- Get 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- Get 1 Jalapeno, Diced
- Take 2 Tsp Cumin
- Take 2 Tsp Paprika
- Prepare 1 Tsp Salt
- Make ready 1 (8 Oz) Can Tomato Sauce
- Prepare 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- Take White Rice
- Get 2 Cups White Rice/ Couscous
- Take 3-4 Cups Water/ Whatever Ratio your Rice to Water is. I do 1-2
- Make ready Add Cilantro for Freshness
Chicken Tikka Masala - tender chunks of marinated chargrilled chicken in a creamy mild sauce with garlic, ginger and spices. Kids and adults alike LOVE this dish. And the chicken is perfectly Two. I had no one to share this chicken tikka masala with!
Steps to make Chicken Tikka Masala:
- In a large bowl, combine yoghurt, lemon juice, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, black pepper, ginger, and salt. Stir in chicken, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- (Optional) If you have Wooden Skewers, let them soak completely in a tub of water before using on chicken. This will prevent burning on the grill. Also, if you don't have a grill then you can use a cast iron skillet as a replacement for cooking the chicken. If you use the skillet then don't worry about skewering the chicken. (I suggest the grill if you have one though)
- Preheat Grill for High Heat. Once the chicken is done marinating for at least a hour, thread it onto the soaked skewers.
- Start boiling water for the white rice/Couscous
- While your grill is pre-heating, make sure you dice your jalapeno and mince your garlic.
- Now depending on the white rice you chose you either want to start it after or before step 7. If it's 10-15 mins to cook it, then do it after. Any longer then do it before step 7.
- Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic and jalapeno for 1 minute. Season with 2 teaspoons cumin, paprika, and 1 teaspoon salt. Stir in tomato sauce and cream. Simmer on low heat until sauce thickens, about 20 minutes.
- While your sauce is thickening, lightly oil the grill grate. Put Chicken on grill. Grill until juices run clear, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Once sauce is done simmering, add grilled chicken, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add Rice to bowl first, put chicken and sauce on top. Add Cilantro if using.
So I had all four servings in one whole day. This Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe is so easy to make right at home using simple and delicious ingredients including spices, tomato sauce, onion, garlic, ginger, cream, and butter. Marinating the chicken in some yogurt while sautéing the onions and garlic with the spices helps both flavor the chicken, tenderize it, and help make a thicker finished. Chicken tikka masala is a dish of marinated and broiled chunks of chicken in a creamy, spice-infused tomato sauce. This Chicken Tikka Masala recipe features succulent pieces of chicken that are marinated in a yogurt sauce mingled with aromatic Indian spices, then skewered, grilled, and simmered in a luxuriously.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food chicken tikka masala recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!