Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, spicy fennel and red pepper seafood soup. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Spicy Fennel and Red Pepper Seafood Soup is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Spicy Fennel and Red Pepper Seafood Soup is something which I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
Add cherry pepper and chicken broth and bring mixture to a boil over high heat. Return soup to saucepan and heat through, over low heat. Do not boil (yogurt will curdle).
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook spicy fennel and red pepper seafood soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Spicy Fennel and Red Pepper Seafood Soup:
- Make ready 1 Red pepper , diced
- Prepare 1 Jalapeno , diced
- Prepare 2 Celery stalks , diced
- Make ready 1 Fennel bulb , diced
- Prepare 1 " 1 potato medium , pieces
- Prepare 1 - 2 " 2 leeks Green ends of , pieces
- Take 1/4 Teaspoon paprika Smoked
- Take 1 Bay leaf
- Make ready 6 Sprigs thyme Fresh
- Take 1 Cup dry white wine
- Prepare Chicken seafood stock or
- Prepare To Taste Cream
- Take Crab shrimp lobster , , or cut into bitesize chunks
- Get flour
Spicy Seafood & Fennel Soup. by: lisina. Heat olive oil in a large dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions, fennel, garlic and red pepper flakes. This light soup can be made up to three days ahead and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Instructions to make Spicy Fennel and Red Pepper Seafood Soup:
- Fill a large stock pot with water, add leeks, thyme, celery discards, bay leaf. Lightly simmer and reduce for 30 minutes to an hour. This will become your soup stock.
- After 30 minutes taste. It should be highly aromatic when done. You may add bullion or other stock to enhance flavor to taste, but be wary of the salinity as this will reduce further. Strain out the solids before use.
- In another stock pot, sauté red pepper, celery, jalapeño, and fennel until it browns a bit (10 minutes or so). Add flour and sauté for another few minutes to form light roux.
- Deglaze with white wine. Be sure to scrape all the brown bits on the bottom of the pan. When your flour-wine mixture forms a nice slurry and reduces mostly, add the potatoes, paprika, and stock. Let simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- When potatoes have softened, blend the soup until it’s smooth. Return to stove, bring to simmer, and let it reduce down. It should be fairly thick. Add your actual cream until desired richness and consistency. Salt to taste.
- Prep your seafood into bite size chunks. Poach in the soup for 5-10 minutes or until cooked. Garnish with fennel leaves.
For a vegetarian soup, use vegetable broth. For a vegetarian soup, use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. If you're short on time, use bottled roasted red peppers. Spicy Red Pepper And Sausage Soup. We love making warm, comforting soups for dinner in the colder months, but we have to make sure we switch up Fresh red bell peppers blended with celery, carrots, onion, thyme, and rice take on a little heat from cayenne and red pepper flakes in this colorful.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food spicy fennel and red pepper seafood soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!