Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, sweet and sour chicken. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Sweet And Sour Chicken is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Sweet And Sour Chicken is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
Sweet and Sour Chicken is a classic Chinese takeout option most of us are too afraid to make at home. Something about woks and cooking with pineapple make it intimidating for most, but it is so much easier to make than you would think. Of the classic Chinese Recipes that most people ask for on my.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook sweet and sour chicken using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet And Sour Chicken:
- Get 1 8 oz can of pineapple chunks, drained. (Juice reserved)
- Prepare 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup Water , divided
- Get 3/4 cup White sugar
- Make ready 1/2 cup Distilled white vinegar
- Prepare 2 Drops orange food color
- Make ready 8 Skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 in. Cubes
- Prepare 2 1/4 cup Flour
- Take 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Get 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- Take 1/2 tsp Salt
- Prepare 1/4 tsp White pepper
- Make ready 1 Egg
- Make ready 1 1/2 cup Water
- Get 1 quart Vegetable oil, for frying
- Take 2 Green bell peppers, cut into 1 in. Pieces
Restaurant style sweet and sour chicken. You can also make this with pork or shrimp. This takes some time in preparation but you can also use frozen chicken. Sweet and sour chicken is a popular Chinese recipe.
Instructions to make Sweet And Sour Chicken:
- In a sauce pan, combined 1 1/2 c. Water, sugar, vinegar, reserved pineapple juice, and orange food coloring. Heat to boiling. Turn off heat. Combine 1/4 c. Cornstarch and 1/4 c. Water; slowly stir into sauce pan. Continue stirring until mixture thickens.
- Combine flour, 2 tbsp. oil, 2 tbsp. cornstarch, salt, white pepper, and egg. Add 1 1/2 c. Water gradually to make a thicker batter. Stir to blend thoroughly. Add chicken pieces and stir until chicken is well coated.
- Heat oil in a skillet to 360. Fry chicken pieces for 10 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towel.
- When ready to serve, layer green pepper, pineapple chunks, and cooked chicken pieces on a platter. Pour hot sweet and sour sauce over top.
Chinese sweet and sour is a cooking style that is easy, delicious and everyone's favorite. The dish comes complete with crispy fried chicken cubes with mouthwatering sweet and sour sauce. Absolutely the best sweet and sour chicken recipe I've ever tried. My husband and I thought it was delicious. One comment about the directions: the amount of water to add to the chicken batter is a.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food sweet and sour chicken recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!