Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, asparagus and broad bean soup. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Asparagus and Broad Bean soup A perfect Spring/Summer soup served with a poached quail egg. Uncle Matt's Cookery Lessons Somerset England. The asparagus bean (Vigna unguiculata subsp. sesquipedalis) is a legume cultivated for its edible green pods containing immature seeds, like the green bean.
Asparagus and Broad Bean soup is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Asparagus and Broad Bean soup is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook asparagus and broad bean soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Asparagus and Broad Bean soup:
- Take 1.5 bunches asparagus
- Prepare 250 g x broad beans
- Prepare 2 x maris piper or King Edward potatoes
- Make ready 1 x Spanish onion
- Take 4 x cloves garlic
- Prepare 1 x stick celery
- Make ready 1/2 leek
- Make ready 1/2 x cup of milk
- Prepare 1 x L chicken or vegetable stock
- Take few sprigs of thyme
- Get salt and pepper
- Prepare pinch nutmeg
I do not trust them so early - I thought and I gave up the idea of buying them. Also because I realised that I have my all the times must - have in my freezer - frozen. Fresh asparagus and broad beans are the great luxuries of the season. But used from tip to bottom they bring magic to an everyday supper without breaking the bank A crisp, rich asparagus tart.
Steps to make Asparagus and Broad Bean soup:
- Reserve a few broad beans for garnishing the finished soup, if fresh quickly blanche in boiling water and refresh in cold water, if frozen just defrost, then remove the outer shells. The remaining beans can keep the shell as you will need to pass this soup through a sieve later. Add all of the veg except the broad beans and asparagus tips to a large pan and sweat for 5 minutes (the bottom of the asparagus can go in at this stage, add the stock, milk and simmer for 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes add the asparagus tips and broad beans and simmer for another 5 - 10 minutes or until the veg is all cooked. Blitz with a stick blender or in a liquidiser until smooth, I've added a small of amount of grated nutmeg (opt) and adjust the seasoning
- Pass the soup through a sieve or conical strainer, check the seasoning and keep soup hot, if its a bit thick you can add a little water. In this video I've garnished with a poached quail egg, I simmered for 1 minute, blanche the peeled broad beans for 1 minute then spoon into the centre of a bowl, pour soup around the beans.
- I finished my dish with some double cream and the quail egg which I nip with a small knife to allow the soft yolk to ooze out. A further garnish was a parmesan crisp which I demonstrated in my last recipe. These garnishes are all nice but not essential why not just try this soup on its own, its lovely? These images are screen shots from my youtube channel, feel free to watch the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fvFVZQXlU8
Fond childhood memories are made of things like this - sitting cross legged on the kitchen floor podding peas and broad beans - one for the pot, two for me, one for the pot…. Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Drain well, pod the broad beans and toss together with the courgette ribbons. Drizzle over the olive oil, sprinkle on parsley and season to taste. For the minestrone primavera, blanch the asparagus, peas, broad beans and green beans in a pan of boiling salted water for a few minutes until cooked but with a crunch.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food asparagus and broad bean soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!