Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, popcorn chicken. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Make your own batter-coated, crispy fried popcorn chicken at home; this quick and easy recipe is sure to become a new family favorite. Get Popcorn Chicken Recipe from Food Network. Popcorn Chicken is an easy recipe that the whole family loves.
Popcorn Chicken is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are fine and they look wonderful. Popcorn Chicken is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook popcorn chicken using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Popcorn Chicken:
- Get 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cubed no larger than a grape)
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup flour
- Get 1 tbsp salt
- Take 1 tsp black pepper
- Get 1 tsp garlic powder
- Make ready 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Get 1 egg
- Make ready 1/2 cup milk
- Get 1 oil for frying
Popcorn chicken is quite literally crispy, crunchy nuggets. You'd think KFC invented popcorn chicken. Bite-sized chicken nuggets were around long before they popularized it. Be sure to chop the chicken up small.
Instructions to make Popcorn Chicken:
- In large skillet, heat about 1" oil on med-high heat (needs to be around 335°)
- In medium bowl, mix flour, salt, garlic and both peppers
- In separate medium bowl, add egg & milk. Beat gently
- Coat chicken in egg mixture then dredge in flour mixture
- Fry in oil for 8-10 minutes (or until golden brown and chicken is cooked thoroughly)
- Remove from oil; place on paper towles to drain excess oil
It takes a bit of time but ensures you get those small bites of chicken. Don't be tempted to leave out the olive oil. Mix flour and Cajun seasoning in small mixing bowl. Bake popcorn chicken according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food popcorn chicken recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!