Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, taisen's chicken pot pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
taisen's chicken pot pie is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look fantastic. taisen's chicken pot pie is something which I have loved my entire life.
This classic Chicken Pot Pie is filled with tender pieces of chicken, carrot, celery, potato, herbs, and more. It's cozy comfort food that feeds a crowd! Can Chicken Pot Pie be Frozen?
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook taisen's chicken pot pie using 18 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make taisen's chicken pot pie:
- Take 2 frozen pie crusts or you can make your own
- Get 7 to 8 thawed chicken tenders ( you can use any chicken pieces you like )
- Make ready 2 small frozen bags of peas and carrots
- Prepare 2 medium potatoes ( more if your making it with these on both pies )
- Prepare 1 can family can ( 1lb 10 oz) of cream of chicken soup
- Get 2 chicken bullion cubes
- Take 1 bisquick mix ( I used 2 cups but it was more then I needed)
- Prepare 1 cup milk ( but I ended up using a bit more )
- Make ready 2 eggs
- Take 3 tsp melted butter
- Prepare 1 salt to taste
- Get 1 pepper to taste
- Get 3 tbsp butter. ( for the peas and carrots )
- Get 1 season salt ( about 5 sprinkles or so )
- Get 1 onion powder ( since my kids don't like onion )
- Get 1 garlic powder
- Get 1 small amount of red pepper
- Take 1 poultry seasoning
Here's what goes in Chicken Pot Pie. Nothing unusual here - but just a couple of comments on some of the ingredients This from-scratch Chicken Pot Pie is adapted from Marshall Field's classic recipe. With a slow-cooked chicken, a creamy vegetable filling, and a handmade pie crust, this pot pie is the ultimate comfort food. How to make chicken pot pie.
Steps to make taisen's chicken pot pie:
- the first thing I do is thaw the chicken. if have fresh chicken skip this
- get 3 pots ready.
- in one pot add the 2 bags of peas and carrots. add enough water to almost cover them. then add in 3 tablespoons of butter ( or less if you desire ). add in onion powder, pepper, red pepper, garlic powder, and season salt. turn heat up to medium high. turn it low once it starts to boil. simmer it but don't let it get mushy. you can turn off the heat but keep a little warm.
- in another pot add in 2 of the bullion cubes and sprinkle some poultry seasoning. add in the chicken. then add water to cover the chicken. turn heat on and cook until the chicken is done.
- while those two are cooking. take your potatoes , peel and rinse. slice them length wise. then slice those in half. then cut into chunks. or anyway you want. get them into a pot. add water to cover add in a bit of pepper. boil for about 10 to 15 minutes or less if you like them more firm
- to make the crust ( my first attempt for this ) I used 2 cups of bisquick, 1 cup of milk, 2 eggs and 2 teaspoons of melted butter. since it was to thick I added a little extra butter and milk to it. stir very well. this was the top crust
- if using frozen pie crusts pull them out to thaw for at least 15 minutes
- once the chicken is done pull it out of the pot to cool down so you can cut it into pieces
- preheat your oven to 375
- drain your potatoes. drain liquid from the peas and carrots.
- pull apart the chicken
- in a bowl big enough to add everything start adding the peas, carrots, chicken and the cream of chicken. stir. if it is to thick add a little bit of milk at a time until you reach desired constancy
- you can now start to fill these pies! you can also taste and add in extra seasoning if you like. I didn't add my potatoes to one pie so one had them and the other didn't.
- after filling the pies take the bisquick mixture and carefully put on top. take both pies and put them on a cookie sheet. stick in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes. keep an eye on them though so they don't burn.
- pull them out when done. let them settle for about 5 minutes or so then start cutting and making plates. enjoy!
To begin, dust a clean, dry work surface with flour and place the puff pastry over top. Sprinkle the pastry with flour and Best chicken pot pie. We have this regularly now with leftover chicken from smoked roast chicken. Only difference is using brandy instead of cognac. This Healthy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe is made from scratch and has a delicious whole wheat biscuit crust.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food taisen's chicken pot pie recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!