Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, barbecued chinese chicken lettuce wraps. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Barbecued Chinese Chicken Lettuce Wraps is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They are nice and they look wonderful. Barbecued Chinese Chicken Lettuce Wraps is something which I have loved my whole life.
Rachael's Chinese chicken lettuce wraps are low carb but full of flavor. Add hoisin Chinese barbecue sauce and toss to coat the mixture evenly. Transfer the hot chopped barbecued chicken to serving platter and pile the quartered wedges of crisp iceberg lettuce along side.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook barbecued chinese chicken lettuce wraps using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Barbecued Chinese Chicken Lettuce Wraps:
- Take 2 tablespoons light colored oil, such as vegetable oil or peanut oil
- Prepare 1 pound chicken meat, finely diced
- Make ready 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, finely diced
- Get Coarse salt and coarse black pepper
- Get 3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- Get 1 inch ginger root, finely diced
- Prepare 1 orange, zested, squeezed
- Take 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- Prepare 6 to 8 ounces, water chestnuts, finely diced
- Take 3 scallions, chopped
- Prepare 3 tablespoons hoisin, Chinese barbecue sauce, available on Asian foods aisle of market
- Make ready 1/2 large head iceberg lettuce, core removed, head quartered
Light, full of flavor, and a real crowd pleaser. Great Chinese Lettuce Wraps are all about the sauce. Get that right and you can substitute the filling with a variety of proteins and vegetables! One of my favourite Chinese starters - Lettuce Wraps with pork or chicken, loads of hidden crunchy vegetables in a tasty savoury brown sauce, bundled up in.
Instructions to make Barbecued Chinese Chicken Lettuce Wraps:
- Preheat a large skillet or wok to high. Add oil to hot pan. - - Add chicken to the pan and sear meat by stir frying a minute or two. - Add mushrooms and cook another minute or two. - Add salt and pepper to season, then garlic and ginger. Cook a minute more. - Grate zest into pan, add bell pepper bits, chopped water chestnuts and scallions. Cook another minute, continuing to stir fry mixture. - Add hoisin Chinese barbecue sauce and toss to coat the mixture evenly.
- Transfer the hot chopped barbecued chicken to serving platter and pile the quartered wedges of crisp iceberg lettuce along side.
- To eat, pile spoonfuls into lettuce leaves, wrapping lettuce around fillings and squeeze an orange wedge over. - - Optional: add a few drops of fresh orange juice to spoonful of mixture
Easy, delicious and healthy Barbecued Chinese Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipe from SparkRecipes. Barbecued Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a delicious and healthy choice for any meal! Gather the ingredients that you will need. This chicken lettuce wrap recipe demonstrates how one of the most sought after appetizer dish in Asian restaurants is cooked. There are many ways to prepare lettuce wraps.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food barbecued chinese chicken lettuce wraps recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!