Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, king ranch chicken casserole. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
King Ranch Chicken Casserole is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. King Ranch Chicken Casserole is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
Use Our Step-By-Step Guide To Cook Simple and Delectable Meal Plans. King Ranch Chicken Casserole When it comes to covered dish suppers, potlucks, or even busy weeknights, Southerners know that King Ranch Chicken reigns supreme. The familiar combination of pulled chicken, spicy green chiles, corn tortillas, and creamy canned soup takes us back to a dining table, surrounded by our loved ones.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have king ranch chicken casserole using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make King Ranch Chicken Casserole:
- Get 6 medium button mushrooms sliced
- Get 3 stalks of celery sliced
- Take 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (10 3/4 oz)
- Prepare 1/2 cup grated cheddar or fiesta mix cheese
- Get 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Make ready 1 can Rotel brand tomatoes (10 oz, other tomatoes with chilies may be substituted)
- Make ready 6 to 8 corn tortillas
- Take salt & pepper
- Take 2 tbsp butter
- Get 2 clove garlic mined (small or to taste)
- Get 1 chicken thigh & leg quarter
- Prepare water
This King Ranch Chicken recipe is super comforting and has become a family favorite for busy weeknights! Hailing from an era when casseroles were king, this Tex-Mex dish still reigns supreme at everything from family dinners to church suppers to neighborhood potlucks. Though not an invention of the historic King Ranch in Texas—it's more likely the creation of a ladies. King Ranch Chicken Casserole is easy to make with condensed cream of chicken soup and rotisserie chicken.
Instructions to make King Ranch Chicken Casserole:
- Prep is 20 minutes, but you'll need 40 minutes to an hour for baking.
- Place the chicken into a sauce pan with enough water to cover it. Salt & pepper the water well. I like to add some garlic or onion too. Bring to a boil & cook for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Set aside & let the chicken cool. Retain liquid in a bowl. When the chicken has cooled shred the meat off of the bone. Discard bones & skin.
- In a frying pan sauté the celery, mushrooms, & garlic in the butter until tender & fragrant. This can be done while the chicken cooks.
- Transfer the sautéed vegetables to a mixing bowl. Add the condensed soup undiluted, chicken, Rotel tomatoes, & red pepper flakes (optional). Fold the ingredients together.
- Prepare an 8x8 pan or similar baking dish. Preheat oven to 350°F Fahrenheit.
- Dip each corn tortilla into the broth reserved from the chicken. Then make a single layer in the pan. (As you would for lasagna) Then place 1/2 of the chicken mixture onto the tortillas, spread evenly. Repeat steps for another layer of tortillas & mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 to 30 minutes. Then remove foil, sprinkle with cheese & continue to bake for 20 to 30 more minutes or untli center is hot. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
You could poach or bake some chicken instead. Two cans of condensed soup and sour cream make this a super creamy casserole. Though what usually sets a Texan casserole apart from its neighbors is the spices used. Not shy with the peppers, most Texan casseroles have a bit of a kick. And one of the most popular casseroles we make is King Ranch Chicken Casserole, a soft, slightly spicy, cheesy mixture of tomatoes, corn tortillas, chicken, cream and peppers.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food king ranch chicken casserole recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!