Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, stuffed green bell peppers. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Green bell peppers stuffed with ground beef, rice, and sharp Cheddar cheese are a hearty meal perfect for weeknight dinners. Here's a delicious stuffed pepper recipe that's easy to make. Each green bell pepper contains ground beef, onion, tomatoes, rice and cheese, and is cooked in tomato.
Stuffed Green Bell Peppers is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Stuffed Green Bell Peppers is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have stuffed green bell peppers using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Stuffed Green Bell Peppers:
- Get 2 lb ground beef
- Prepare 3 large chopped zucchini
- Make ready 1 cup grated carrot
- Prepare 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- Make ready 1 cup finely chopped sweet yellow onion
- Take 4 clove garlic finely chopped or pressed
- Prepare 6 oz can of tomato sauce of any kind. I used El Pato, which is a spicier red sauce you can find in the hispanic food section of your grocery store.
- Take 1 1/2 cup Minute White rice
- Take 1 1/2 cup water
- Prepare 2 tsp tomato chicken bouillon
- Get 1 tbsp of tomato paste
- Take 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Prepare 1 cup shredded cheese of any kind. I used monterey jack but cheddar is amazing as well
- Make ready 4 large green bell peppers cut in half and cleaned out
Cook the whole green I was given four large green peppers and needed a recipe that was simple, but had good flavor. This is my first time making stuffed peppers, so I didn't really. These stuffed bell pepper recipes will change the way you think about dinner. We love stuffed peppers for two reasons: They're easy to make, but since we don't make them all the time, they feel a little special.
Instructions to make Stuffed Green Bell Peppers:
- In a large microwavable container, add rice, warm water, bouillon, tomato paste and pepper. Make sure paste is well incorporated into the rice mixture. It helps if your water is warm, then you can dissolve your bouillon and paste before adding to rice. Once mixed, place in microwave with lid slightly covering but not closed and microwave for about 5 mins. Let rice sit for another 5 mins or until liquid is dissolved and rice is tender to fluff with a fork.
- Set aside rice mixture with lid on to stay warm and in a Large Pan, add about a tbs of olive oil and start cooking down onion, garlic, carrots, red bell pepper and zucchini. Cook on about Medium temperature until vegetables are tender but not over cooked. You want them to keep their shape when incorporating all ingredients. Remove from pan & set aside.
- In the same pan, start cooking your ground beef until well browned. Approximately 5mins. Drain all fat from beef with a spoon. Adjust your temperature to med low and add your cooked vegetables and the can of tomato sauce. Fold in all ingredients and simmer on low for about 5 mins more.
- Turn off stove and allow mixture to cool down. Taking your green bell peppers, cut in half so they create little cups and can stand up on their own on the pan. Remove core, stems and all seeds. Using any large baking dish, cover entire bottom in foil to eliminate messy cleanup. Place all pepper halves on bottom about 1/2 inch away from each other
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Take beef and vegetable mixture and in a large bowl mix into rice. Fold ingredients together as to not mush up rice or break down vegetables. This is the seasoning stage. Adjust flavors to your preferences by adding more salt or herbs if you choosing. Once everything is mixed well, start filling pepper halves by pushing down rice/meat mixture until they are fully filled. You may have extra filling which is always yummy on it's own. :)
- Once all pepper halves are completed, pile on shredded cheese. Cover entire pan and peppers with foil trying not to touch tops of peppers. Make sure there is a slit on the top for steam. Place in oven and cook for about 30 mins. During the last 5 mins, remove foil and allow cheese to brown.
- I serve these on their own with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese. You can change up the recipe and add mushrooms if desired or even substitute white rice for brown. I made a low carb version without rice and used 3lbs of ground beef and a pound of lean sausage instead. The possibilities are endless. I hope you enjoy!
Stuffed Bell Peppers are a great way to enjoy summer's favorite veggie. These bell peppers are stuffed a delicious cheesy ground beef and rice mixture that your family is sure to love! Red bell peppers are the mature version of the green bell pepper that grows on the bell pepper plant. This Stuffed Green Pepper Recipe is made with ground beef, rice and middle east spices. Makes a flavor-packed family dinner for busy weeknights.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food stuffed green bell peppers recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!