Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, chicken peri peri. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken Peri peri is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Chicken Peri peri is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
If you like the chicken at Nando's, you are going to LOVE this recipe! This can be made both in the oven and on the grill, and has beautiful notes of lemon. This peri peri chicken recipe smothers chicken in a homemade peri peri sauce then bakes or grills them and serves them with extra sauce.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have chicken peri peri using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Peri peri:
- Take 4 chicken thighs
- Take Peri Peri sauce
- Prepare Seasoning & desired spices
- Make ready Oil/butter
- Make ready For garnish (salad mix of ur choice)
Serve it with some rice or baked potatoes and some coleslaw too! This easy Peri Peri Chicken has all the flavour you know and love from Nando's but much cheaper. Peri-peri is a cultivar of Capsicum frutescens that was originally produced by Portuguese explorers in Mozambique from the malagueta pepper and then spread to other Portuguese territories. African Peri-Peri sauce made with bird's eye chillies, garlic, vinegar and herbs is an intensely flavorful sauce.
Instructions to make Chicken Peri peri:
- If u have storebought peri peri sauce use it or follow my sauce recipe in the previous post - (Food Tip 03* I marinated the chicken with spiçe and seasoning first.) Check out my food tip post too.
- In a Ziploc bag or big bowl, place the thigh, then the sauce a lot then shake the bag and coat thoroughly. Let it sit for an hour or overnight.
- Add some oil/butter in a pan, once sizzling, place the chicken and fry for 5-10 minutes, the skin placed on the pan (tip 04* I found out it seals the moisture inside the chicken by frying the skin a bit).
- Turn the other side, pour any leftover marinade from the bag/bowl and let it cook on low heat for about 15-20 minutes turning over each side to cook.
- When the juice/marinade looks dried up, place the chicken in a baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes, you can add more sauce…turn on each side to grill. - - Served with peri-peri dip, peri-sauce rice.
Peri peri chicken is a Mozambican dish consisting of grilled or roasted chicken that is often served with a creamy and spicy coconut sauce. Before grilling, the meat is traditionally marinated in cumin. This Portuguese Chicken, called Peri Peri Chicken with Crispy Potatoes is one of those dishes that makes winter a little more bearable. It's hearty and satisfying and warms the soul with its deep smoky. For the Peri Peri Sauce This sauce is used for marinating the chicken and any leftover is normally cooked down and served as a dip.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food chicken peri peri recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!