Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, jerk chicken w/ black bean pineapple salsa. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
How to Make Jerk Chicken with Pineapple Black Bean Salsa - Step by Step Photos. Begin by cooking the rice because you'll be able to prepare a While the rice is cooking, prepare the pineapple black bean salsa. The jerk chicken sits on top of the most delicious coconut rice.
Jerk Chicken w/ Black Bean Pineapple Salsa is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look wonderful. Jerk Chicken w/ Black Bean Pineapple Salsa is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have jerk chicken w/ black bean pineapple salsa using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Jerk Chicken w/ Black Bean Pineapple Salsa:
- Make ready 4 cups cooked rice
- Prepare Black Bean Pineapple Salsa
- Get 2 cups pineapple tidbits
- Get 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, well rinsed
- Make ready 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- Prepare 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- Get 1 lime
- Make ready 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- Take 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- Prepare Jerk Chicken
- Make ready 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2/3 lb. each)
- Take 1 Tbsp jerk seasoning
- Prepare 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- Prepare 2 Cloves Garlic
- Prepare 2 Sweet Peppers, halved
Traditional jerk recipes have you marinate the meat for a day or more. This dish lends huge flavor to the chicken with just an hour-long marinade. Served with a salsa of chargrilled pineapple chunks and ripe avocado. This awesome platter of tasty food is a zesty twist on the Jamaican classic Jerk chicken.
Instructions to make Jerk Chicken w/ Black Bean Pineapple Salsa:
- Begin cooking your rice first.
- While the rice is cooking, prepare the pineapple black bean salsa. Coarsely chop the pineapple tidbits into smaller pieces, similar in size to the black beans. Place the chopped pineapple, rinsed black beans, diced red onion, and chopped cilantro in a large bowl.
- Squeeze the juice of half the lime (about 1 Tbsp) over the ingredients in the bowl. Also add 1/4 tsp salt and a pinch of red pepper flakes (optional). Stir the ingredients together, give it a taste, and add more salt or lime juice if needed. Any unused lime will be cut into wedges for squeezing over the chicken before serving.
- Next, prepare the jerk chicken. Pat the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel. Place a piece of plastic wrap over the chicken to eliminate splatter, then gently pound the chicken breasts into an even thickness using either a rolling pin or a mallet. Sprinkle the jerk seasoning over both sides of the chicken and use your hands to rub it into the surface, making sure they're completely coated.
- Add the cooking oil to a large skillet, or preheat your grill. Once hot, add the chicken and garlic, and cook until well browned on both sides, and the chicken is completely cooked through (about 7 minutes each side). Add the sweet peppers after the first flip so it can pair the juices and turn half way through second side. It should no longer be pink in the center and the juices should run clear.
- For extra safety, use an instant ready meat thermometer and cook until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a clean cutting board and let it rest for five minutes. After five minutes, slice the chicken into 1/2-wide strips.
- To serve, place about a cup of cooked rice on a plate, or in your meal prep container, top with about a cup of the pineapple black bean salsa, and a few strips of the jerk chicken. Slice the remaining lime into wedges and squeeze fresh juice over the chicken just before eating.
- Serve and enjoy!
Served with a salsa of chargrilled pineapple chunks and creamy avocado - this dish makes every day a sunny day. Divide the chicken and sauce among plates. Stir the beans into the rice. In a medium bowl, combine the pineapple and scallions. Especially if the Pineapple & Cucumber Salsa is made the day ahead, this flavorful tenderloin is very easy to fix.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food jerk chicken w/ black bean pineapple salsa recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!