Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, basil chicken- quick and yum. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Basil chicken- quick and yum is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Basil chicken- quick and yum is something which I have loved my whole life.
Let's quickly talk about Thai basil… There are three main types of basil used in Thai cooking: Thai sweet basil (ใบโหระพา bai horapa Really quick and super tasty. Love basil chicken just brought all ingredients and can not wait to start cooking quick simple and tasty nice one. Thai Basil Chicken is a gold standard Thai chicken recipe that's incredibly fast and easy to make, and truly tastes as good as Thai restaurants!
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook basil chicken- quick and yum using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Basil chicken- quick and yum:
- Prepare 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Make ready 1/2 kg chicken small boneless pieces
- Take 6 - 7 cloves garlic crushed
- Get 2 - 3 green chillies slit
- Prepare 8 - 10 shallots chopped/crushed
- Get 1 - 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Prepare 1 teaspoon tomato sauce
- Prepare 1/2 cup basil leaves
- Take to taste black pepper powder
- Prepare 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Get to taste salt
- Take to taste sugar
This simple Thai Basil Chicken, known as Pad Grapow, is insanely quick and inexpensive to make. This simple chicken dish is a great example, I slightly modified it to make it lighter, and plan on adding some vegetables to the mix to make the portion a little more substantial the next time I make it. These basil chicken lettuce wraps are simple to prepare and super light. Tip: Double or triple the recipe as the leftovers make a quick and delicious lunch for work!
Steps to make Basil chicken- quick and yum:
- Heat oil in a non stick pan and fry the crushed garlic cloves and green chillies until golden brown.
- To this add the shallots and saute until the color fades. Add one teaspoon soy sauce, salt and the chicken pieces and mix well. Cook with the lid closed for about 5-10 minutes,stirring occasionally. Add a splash of water, if it gets dry just so that it cooks easily.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add the tomato sauce and taste now.
- Time to balance the flavors- add additional salt, some pepper, the second teaspoon of soy sauce if required and some sugar to get it all in sync.
- Now, just add the basil leaves and squeeze the lime into the mixture. The basil leaves should just get blanched and should not overcook.
- Serve hot. Goes with fried rice, roti or any flat bread and even as a starter.
Basil Chicken: There's a Chinese restaurant next to the Instructables office that has the best basil Because everything comes together so quick, make sure sure have everything minced and Yum - I really need to make this. The big pieces of basil look so good too. I have an Asian grocery store. Browning chicken - Drizzle some olive oil into your pan. Add the chicken and season with salt.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food basil chicken- quick and yum recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!