Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, italian chicken with creamy polenta. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Italian Chicken with Creamy Polenta is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Italian Chicken with Creamy Polenta is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
Agrodolce means "sweet and sour" in Italian–here, the golden raisins and red wine vinegar in the sauce. Both cut through the rich chicken thighs and the creamy polenta. Classically Italian and wholly comforting, this rustic chicken, tomato and vegetables braise feels special enough to serve at a dinner party without being fussy or complicated.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have italian chicken with creamy polenta using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Italian Chicken with Creamy Polenta:
- Prepare 2 chicken breasts
- Get 4 tbsp olive oil
- Take 1 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Get 1 tsp dried oregano
- Prepare 1 tsp dried parsley
- Prepare 1/2 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove garlic crushed
- Prepare 160 g cherry tomatoes
- Get 60 g pitted green olives (from a jar is fine)
- Prepare Salt & pepper
- Take 80 g polenta
- Take 500 ml hot vegetable stock
- Make ready 20 g butter
- Get 30 g grated parmesan
With creamy polenta and a dusting of Parmesan cheese, this dish is everything we love about great Italian food: simple, comforting and richly flavorful. While the polenta cooks, in a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, breadcrumbs, spice blend, half the cheese and half the garlic; season with salt. Remove chicken from oven and turn in barbecue sauce. Fill shallow bowls with polenta Top with chicken, spoon extra sauce over chicken and garnish with some torn basil leaves.
Instructions to make Italian Chicken with Creamy Polenta:
- Place the chicken into a zip top plastic bag. - Put the oil, herbs & garlic powder/fresh garlic into a jug & mix well. - Pour the mixture into the bag with the chicken & seal it up. Tip the bag to make sure the chicken gets well covered. - Put the bag in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight if you can. - Pre-heat the oven to 180 Fan/Gas 6/200C. - Remove the chicken from the fridge & transfer it from the bag into a roasting tin or dish.
- Scatter the tomatoes & olives (if using) around the chicken then drizzle the remaining marinade form the bag over the chicken. Cover the tin with foil & place in the oven for 10 minutes. - After 10 minutes remove the foil from the tin & place it back in the oven to cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Make the polenta.Pour the hot stock into a saucepan over a medium heat & bring to a boil. - Add the polenta stirring constantly with a whisk. - Once the polenta has thickened turn the heat down to low cover & leave to cook for 30 minutes, checking every 10 minutes to stir. - Remove from the heat & stir in the butter & cheese & a pinch of pepper.
- Serve with the chicken.
A creamy polenta recipe with Parmesan cheese. It's simple, soft and so delicious! Polenta is an Italian dish, basically a porridge or mush, made with a type of ground corn (cornmeal) Absolutely perfect! I did use half homemade chicken broth with half water then followed the rest of your recipe. Delicious chicken and sausage in a spicy tomato sauce served over a creamy and cheesy polenta.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food italian chicken with creamy polenta recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!