Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, instant pot portuguese chicken and rice. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
This Portuguese Chicken and Rice dish is not spicy with strong aromas from the turmeric and coconut milk. You'll love this flavorful yet mild & creamy sauce! Now it's YOUR turn to take out your pressure cooker and make some Instant Pot Portuguese Chicken and Rice!
Instant pot Portuguese Chicken and Rice is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Instant pot Portuguese Chicken and Rice is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have instant pot portuguese chicken and rice using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Instant pot Portuguese Chicken and Rice:
- Make ready 3 quarter parts of chicken
- Prepare 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- Prepare 1 tablespoon white cooking wine (can use regular white wine)
- Take 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Take 2 small potatoes
- Prepare 3 carrots
- Get 1 small onion
- Get 3 cloves garlic minced
- Take 1/2 red pepper
- Take 1/2 green pepper
- Take 2 bay leaves
- Get 3/4 cups coconut milk
- Get 1 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Take 1 teaspoon cumin
- Get to taste Salt and pepper
- Prepare 1 tablespoon oil
- Get 1 cup jasmine rice
- Get 1 cup water
It is every bit as good as the original stove top recipe. I did have to strategize a little to get the cooking Add garlic, and continue to cook for another minute. Add remaining chicken stock, rice, thyme and stir together. Place the chicken thighs on top of the.
Steps to make Instant pot Portuguese Chicken and Rice:
- Take the first 4 ingredients and combine them. And marinate the chicken for 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, quarter the potatoes, slice the onion, cut the carrots into thirds, and slice the peppers into think slices.
- Heat the instant pot to sear with oil. Add onion and garlic
- Add chicken… let the chicken caramelize before turning over. Add the turmeric, cumin, salt and pepper and stir until fragrant.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, peppers, bay leaves and coconut milk and stir.
- Put rice in a steamer basket then add the water and place in instant pot. Make sure all of the rice is covered with water. Close the lid and set to the chicken setting on your instant pot.
A perfect one-pot dinner for cold winter nights, this chicken and rice dish cooked in the Instant Pot® will bring comfort when you are feeling a bit under the weather. Traditional stracciatella does not have the chicken or rice in it, but it adds a bit a substance when you want something light, but filling. Instant Pot Chicken and rice - curried chicken and rice made in the Instant Pot is flavoured with garlic, ginger and curry powder. If you are like me who finds comfort in a bowl of rice and curry but don't want to spend hours in the kitchen, then this one-pot Chicken and rice are definitely for you. Instant Pot creamy chicken and rice casserole is the perfect, stick-to-your-ribs home cooked dinner!
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food instant pot portuguese chicken and rice recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!