Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, baked chicken enchiladas. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
This will make your chicken FABULOUS and trust me, this makes all the difference in the taste of the enchilada!!! Using a large shallow bowl, dip each tortilla in enchilada sauce to lightly coat. I like to use a rotisserie chicken here for so many valid reasons: You have a combination of white meat and dark meat which yields a more flavorful filling.
Baked Chicken Enchiladas is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Baked Chicken Enchiladas is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook baked chicken enchiladas using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Baked Chicken Enchiladas:
- Get 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Get 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- Get 1 cup sour cream
- Make ready 2 cups salsa (I use Pace Picante)
- Prepare 1 can Rotel, drained
- Take 1 (8 oz.) pkg. Monterey Jack Cheese
- Prepare 1 (8 oz.) pkg. Colby Jack Cheese
- Take 20-25 corn tortillas
- Prepare Toppings: sour cream, green onions
These enchiladas are filled with a rich and creamy mixture of onions, peppers, shredded rotisserie chicken, sour cream, cheese, and spices. Whether you like a spicy red sauce, a mild green sauce, or anything in between, we've got the best chicken enchilada recipes for you. It came out more like a cheesy stew. I served it over yellow rice.
Steps to make Baked Chicken Enchiladas:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook chicken either in pressure cooker or stovetop with seasonings as desired. Once cooked, drain off juices and add Rotel.
- Shred completely and set aside.
- Shred cheeses and set aside.
- Slice up green onions if desired for topping and set aside.
- Combine cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add in 1 cup of salsa and 1/2 of each of the cheeses. Mix until well combined.
- Fold in the chicken completely.
- Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel and heat up in microwave until soft and pliable.
- Coat 2 baking dishes with nonstick cooking spray and spread out 1/2 cup of salsa between the two on bottom of dishes.
- Fill each tortilla with a heaping spoonful of filling and roll up; place seam side down in pans. Spoon remaining 1/2 cup salsa over the tops.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Prepare your enchilada sauce.; In large sauté pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add diced chicken and green chiles, and season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. This is the best chicken enchilada recipe I've ever tried. I did make a few changes, only one cup of cheese in the filling for one. Flour tortillas are filled with the chicken mixture, topped with salsa and cheese, and baked until bubbly.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food baked chicken enchiladas recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!