Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, bengali chicken curry. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
This chicken curry recipe yields tender chicken pieces in a hot, flavourful, stew-like jhol (curry). It is so versatile that it can be eaten with rice/roti. Bengali chicken curry done restaurant style brings home cooking to the next level.
Bengali Chicken Curry is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Bengali Chicken Curry is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook bengali chicken curry using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Bengali Chicken Curry:
- Get 1 kg chicken breasts
- Make ready 2 onion, pureed
- Get 1/2 kg potatoes, parboiled, peeled
- Make ready 2 cup tomato paste
- Prepare 1 tbsp garam masala
- Take 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- Take 3 clove garlic
- Take 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Prepare 3 dry red chilli
- Make ready 200 grams mustard oil
- Get 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- Prepare 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- Get 1 bunch fresh coriander leaves
- Get 2 bay leaf
- Get 1 salt
- Get 1 dash sugar
Every Bengali family loves their Murgir Jhol. It was a ritual back home to cook this Chicken Curry or. Bengali chicken curry or murgir jhol is a traditional Indian curry characterized by its soupy consistency. It's prepared with chicken as the main ingredient, along with spices and vegetables such.
Instructions to make Bengali Chicken Curry:
- First marinate the chicken breast pieces with salt and turmeric powder. Close the container and store in freezer for 1 hour.
- Parboil the potatoes and peel them. Then cut them into halves.
- In a separate bowl, add the onion puree, ginger garlic paste and tomato paste one after another. Now add cumin powder and red chilli powder. Mix well and keep aside, lidded. This is the masala of the curry.
- Bring the oil to boil and fry the potatoes from step 2 till they just turn golden. Remove and place on paper towels. Maintain temperature of the oil.
- To the hot oil, add the garlic cloves. Take care as to not burn them. Lightly toast cumin seeds, dry red chillies, bay leaves and sugar till oil turns red and fragrant.
- Add the masala from step 3 and keep frying till oil leaves the mixture and appears on the edges. This is a sure shot sign of the fact that the masala has been cooked.
- Add 2 cups of water and add the marinated chicken breasts. Bring it to boil and close the lid.
- After 5 minutes, open the lid off the vessel and add the fried potatoes. Close the lid and boil for another 10 minutes, preferably in a pressure cooker.
- Finally sprinkle garam masala and chopped coriander leaves. Your chicken curry is ready!! Nom. Nom.
Bengali chicken curry is a famous recipe from Bengali cuisine. The recipe mainly involves chicken and some vegetables and some common spices like coriander powder, garam masala. Doi Murgi aka Doi Chicken is a scrumptious substitute of Bengali Sunday Chicken Curry. Bengali homemade chicken curry or murgir jhol and bhaat is the favorite sunday lunch for almost all bengali families. This is really very simple and easy yet tasty recipe.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food bengali chicken curry recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!