Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, chicken biryani ~ a pressure cooker recipe. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken Biryani ~ a pressure cooker recipe is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Chicken Biryani ~ a pressure cooker recipe is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
Chicken Biryani is of the most favorite Indian non-vegetarian dishes. There are many ways to cook Biryani but from this video, you can learn how to cook a. Tested Instant Pot Recipes and Pressure Cooker Recipes.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken biryani ~ a pressure cooker recipe using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Biryani ~ a pressure cooker recipe:
- Prepare 4 cups basmati rice of
- Prepare 8 - 10 chicken drumsticks
- Take 3 onions large sliced
- Make ready 2 tbsps ginger paste
- Make ready 2 tbsps garlic paste
- Take 3 green chillies
- Prepare Handful coriander leaves mint leaves each of and
- Take 1.5 tbsps masala store bought Biryani (MTR or Eastern brand)
- Prepare 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Make ready 1/2 cup ghee (clarified butter)
- Prepare 3 cloves cardamom ,
- Get 1 star anise
- Take 2 bay leaves
- Get 1/4 inch cinnamon stick
- Make ready 3 tbsps yogurt
- Make ready 2 cups coconut milk
- Get 6 cups water
- Take 1/4 cup cashew nuts
- Take to taste Salt
What Makes This Pressure Cooker Chicken Biryani So Great. Chicken Biryani is an ultimate one-pot chicken casserole. It is perfect for large gatherings or family feast. Making a chicken biryani in the pressure cooker not only saves lot of time but also biryani is evenly cooked.
Steps to make Chicken Biryani ~ a pressure cooker recipe:
- First we begin by prepping a few things: Wash the rice and soak it in some water. Next grind the ginger, garlic and green chillies together. Chop and prep the other ingredients such as the chicken and onions.
- Add 1/4 cup ghee to the pressure cooker, and once it has melted through and heated add the spices: staranise, bay leaf, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves. Fry for a few seconds and then add the onions and continue frying over medium heat until the onions start to brown.
- Next add the ginger-garlic-chilli mix and continue frying. The biryani masala, turmeric powder and the yogurt and mix it all together.
- Add the chicken pieces and mix together and coat the chicken well with the fragrant delicious smelling masala.
- Add 6 cups of water and 2 cups of coconut milk and season with salt.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and let it cook till the chicken is cooked about 50%
- Drain the rice and add it to the cooker along with the coriander and mint leaves.
- Check for seasoning one last time, before closing the cooker and letting it cook for 2 whistles and turn the flame off.
- While the cooker was doing its job, I fried the cashew nuts in 1/4 cup ghee :)
- Once the pressure has released, open up the cooker. I gently transfered the rice to a serving bowl and granished it with the deliciously fragrant fried cashew nuts.
- Serve with some raita and chicken 65 like I did.
Learn how to cook Chicken Biryani in Pressure Cooker-Kerala Style Pressure Chicken Biryani. Especially a festive meal like the one created for today's recipe, A Chicken Biryani that took me an hour to cook. Delicious chicken biryani recipe from chettinad cuisine, one of the most popular South Indian cuisine. This is one of the simplest that one can try since the procedure is easy to make. If you have a pressure cooker you can use it to make this otherwise you can also make this in a pot.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food chicken biryani ~ a pressure cooker recipe recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!