Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, chicken curry made in the instant pot. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Make Easy Instant Pot Chicken Curry (Pressure Cooker Chicken Curry) with pantry ingredients! A simple Chicken Curry made in the Instant Pot. Prepared in a simple onion-tomato gravy with the aroma of whole spices.
Chicken curry made in the instant pot is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Chicken curry made in the instant pot is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook chicken curry made in the instant pot using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken curry made in the instant pot:
- Prepare 1 Whole Medium chicken cut medium pieces
- Make ready 3 tbspn Ghee or Butter
- Take Whole cloves 2
- Prepare Whole bay leaves 2
- Prepare 3/4 Whole Black Peppercorns
- Get Cinnamon stick 1/2
- Take Onion 3 small chopped
- Take Chilli powder 1tsp or to taste
- Prepare Green chilli paste 3/4tsp or to taste
- Take Garlic ginger paste 3 tsps
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp Dhana Coriander powder
- Get 1 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- Prepare Salt 3/4 tsp or to taste
- Take 1/2 tsp harder (turmeric)
- Prepare 1 tsp Garam masala use right at the end
- Make ready Coriander fresh to garnish
- Prepare 3/4 tin chopped tomatoes (or passata equivalent)
Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and remaining curry powder. Add seasoned chicken to the pot. This authentic Indian Instant Pot chicken curry is a delicious family recipe. Close Instant Pot Lid and make sure steam release handle is in the 'Sealing' position.
Steps to make Chicken curry made in the instant pot:
- Add Ghee (you can use butter or oil instead if you prefer) to the IP (or pan) add the whole spices and put IP on Sauté function add the onions and brown… in the IP is so quick it will only take 5/6 mins….in the saucepan it will take 15/20 mins
- Then add the passata or tinned tomatoes and the powdered spices (except Garam Masala) plus salt garlic ginger and green chilli. Give this all a good stir. I do this part with the IP off as it’s still very hot from the onions cooking. Also add 1/2 cups of water depending on how much sauce you require
- Add chicken and stir. Put the instant pot on for 20 min on low pressure cook. The IP will cook for 20 mins then normally it cools for 20 mins…But I cancel cooking after 20 mins & would suggest you release the air yourself and check your curry as it will more then likely be done. Ive cooked it in IP 4 times now and it’s always done in 20mins for me.
- You will know it’s done when the oil sits on top of the sauce. If you feel it needs a few more mins just put the lid on for 5/6 mins while the IP is turned off it will still cook as the base is still very hot
- Once your happy your chicken is done add Garam masala and coriander
- Serve hot with rice naan/chappati
What makes this chicken curry special? Ingredients for making Instant Pot Chicken Curry. This curry is made in a few simple steps using the Instant Pot. You could make it in any pressure cooker that you have. Start by mixing the salt and yogurt with the cleaned chicken pieces and keep aside.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food chicken curry made in the instant pot recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!