Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, chicken dum biryani. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken Dum Biryani is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Chicken Dum Biryani is something which I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
Chicken dum biryani recipe with step by step pictures. We all love biryani, but when it comes to preparing them most of us, step back because of the tedious process. Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani is a World famous Dish, it is made using chicken which is marinated then cooked and then is added to cooked rice and again.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook chicken dum biryani using 25 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Dum Biryani:
- Take For chicken marination–
- Take 500 gms chicken
- Get 3 tbsp curd
- Take 3 onions finely chopped
- Take 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- Make ready 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- Make ready 5-6 green chillies (paste)
- Prepare 2 tbsp red chilli powder
- Take 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Make ready 1 tbsp chicken biryani masala
- Take as per taste Salt
- Prepare For Steamed Rice
- Get 2 cups basmati rice
- Make ready 4 cups water
- Make ready 1 bay leaf
- Take 1 cinnamon stick
- Get 2-3 cardamons
- Take 2-3 black pepper corns
- Get to taste Salt
- Take For Dum Seasoning-
- Take 2 tbsp pure ghee
- Make ready 2 tbsp fried onions
- Get 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- Get 2 Tablespoons finely chopped mint leaves
- Get 3 tbsp saffron flavored milk
The most important of which comes from the very many spices like cardamom. Chicken dum biryani is a ever green classic that needs no introduction in parts of countries like Persia, India and others! Dum biryani is goodness of rice and meat that comes in layers! Chicken dum biryani recipe: chicken biryani using 'dum' method is probably the longest standing recipe in my to-make list.
Instructions to make Chicken Dum Biryani:
- For chicken marination - Wash the chicken pieces well with water and strain the water completely.Add ginger garlic paste,red chilli powder, green chilli paste,salt and chicken biryani masala and mix well. - Add finely chopped onions and tomatoes.
- Add beaten yogurt and lemon juice and mix well. - Add 1 tsp Pure Ghee over it and mix well. Keep it aside for 1 hour
- For Steam Rice - Wash basmati rice and soak it for about 1 hour. - Take a cooking pot, add 4 cups water, add salt as per taste, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cloves, black peppercorns, cardamom. Bring the water to a boil.
- When the water starts boiling, add the soaked rice into it. - Cook the rice for about 10 minutes until it is three fourth done. - Strain the water completely and keep the half done rice aside.
- For cooking chicken - Take a pressure cooker, add the marinated chicken. Cover the cooker with lid and Saute this well on medium flame for about 30 minutes.
- Procedure To Give The Dum: - In a cooking pot, add pure ghee and spread it all over the base. Add a layer of rice evenly and add the cooked chicken evenly.
- Then add mint leaves,fried onions, coriander leaves.Make small holes in all 4 corners using back side of spoon and randomly add 1 tbsp saffron flavoured milk. To give partial Orange color to biryani.
- Repeat the layers twice. - Lastly layer the biryani with fried onions, finely chopped coriander and mint leaves - Add saffron flavored milk(2 saffron strands added into the 1/4th cup of milk to get orange red color). - Add pure ghee into it.
- Place a small steel bowl in middle of this biryani with a burnt coal and add 1 tsp pure ghee on this. Immediately cover it with lid to give it smoky flavor to biryani.
- Now with prepared wheat dough, seal the lid with cooking pot tightly. - Switch on the flame, put the cooking pot onto the flame. - Dum the biryani on low flame for about 20 to 25 minutes and serve hot.
While a quick chicken biryani is sufficiently satisfying, dum biryani is really. Ingredients in Chicken Dum Biryani Recipe: Cooked in dum style, this chicken biryani is infused in saffron milk and cooked in spices such as cardamom, clove, cinnamon and mace. Kerala Style Chicken Biryani or Chicken Dum Biryani recipe made easy for you with step by step Chicken Biryani is a South Asian rice dish originates from Indian Muslims. Our Dum Biryani is a one-pot-wonder! Add the double cream and chicken and mix well.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food chicken dum biryani recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!