Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, kerala style chicken curry. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken curry well flavored with spices. It goes well with pathiri, any sort of rice variants ( ghee rice, pulao, normal rice) and any Indian bread. It is an easy peasy recipe for Kerala Chicken Curry which suits for a weekday menu.
Kerala Style Chicken Curry is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic. Kerala Style Chicken Curry is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have kerala style chicken curry using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Kerala Style Chicken Curry:
- Take 1 kg Chicken
- Prepare 4 Onion medium sized
- Get 1 tsp Ginger
- Make ready 10-12 garlic cloves
- Get 3-4 Green chillies
- Prepare 2 Tomatoes
- Make ready 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Get 2 tsp coraiander powder
- Make ready 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Prepare To taste Salt
- Take 1 teaspoon Lime juice
- Make ready 1/2 cup Coconut milk
- Make ready 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- Prepare 1 tsp black pepper powder
- Make ready as needed Coconut oil
- Take 1 tsp Curry leaves
I have been getting request to upload recipes with step by step picture. This is in fact the first recipe which I am uploading with step by step pictures. Chicken Recipe chicken curry recipe with step by step pictures, chicken curry with thick gravy, kerala style chicken curry. Dry roast the above listed ingredients " To Dry Roast" for a minute and when they start to turn brown, add the.
Steps to make Kerala Style Chicken Curry:
- Marinate chicken with turmeric,salt and lime juice
- Dry roast chilli powder and coriander powder till it's raw smell goes and become slight brown in color. mix it to the marinate and rest it for 15 mins
- In a pan add coconut oil, saute onions, ginger, garlic & green chillies
- Once it is brown add tomatoes and saute well till the tomatoes are well cooked
- Add in the marinated chicken to this and mix well.transfer this mixture to a pressure cooker,add 1 cup of water and cook for 2 whistles.
- Make sure the chicken is well cooked. To this add coconut milk,garam masala powder and pepper powder. Cook for another 5 mins and garnish with coriander leaves..
Nadan Khozi is an aromatic chicken dish from Kerala, in southern India. Nadan Khozi is a typical curry in Keralan houses, where the blend of spices differs just a little from home to home. The ingredient list might look long, but don't let it daunt you—once you understand that all Indian food is. An authentic Kerala Style Chicken Curry, embraces the rustic style of chicken simmered in coconut milk and indian spices. While it have variations in the level of spices and ingredients used across regions, it never fails to find its way in weekend lunch menu.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food kerala style chicken curry recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!