Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, country chicken biryani/naatu kozhi biryani. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Naatu Kozhi Biryani / Country chicken Biryani. In my Naatu Kozhi Varuval post i have mentioned, that I do not know the difference between the country chicken and broiler chicken. Now I got to know that coz of my loving blogger friends of cookingvarieties and divya.
Country Chicken Biryani/Naatu Kozhi Biryani is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look fantastic. Country Chicken Biryani/Naatu Kozhi Biryani is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook country chicken biryani/naatu kozhi biryani using 18 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Country Chicken Biryani/Naatu Kozhi Biryani:
- Prepare 600 gram Country chicken
- Make ready 3 large Onions chopped lengthwise
- Prepare 500 gram Basmati Rice
- Take 5 medium sized Tomatoes chopped lengthwise
- Make ready 50 gram Mint leaves
- Make ready 50 gram Coriander leaves
- Prepare 10 Tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- Get 5 gram Whole garam masala
- Take 80 ml Cooking oil
- Make ready 2 tsp red chilli powder
- Prepare 1 tsp Coriander powder
- Prepare 1 tsp Garam masala
- Prepare 1 tbsp Ghee
- Get 2 tsp lemon juice
- Make ready 1/4 cup Curd
- Get 5-10 green chillies(Depending on spice preference)
- Prepare to taste Rock salt
- Prepare 1/2 spoon turmeric powder
In a pressure Cooker add oil and then add whole garam masala. Then add Green chillies and onions and saute till onions turn brown. Add Ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell goes off. Add tomatoes and Rock salt and cook till tomatoes turn mushy.
Steps to make Country Chicken Biryani/Naatu Kozhi Biryani:
- Soak Basmati rice for 20 minutes. In a pressure Cooker add oil and then add whole garam masala.
- Then add Green chillies and onions and saute till onions turn brown
- Add Ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell goes off
- Add tomatoes and Rock salt and cook till tomatoes turn mushy
- Add chopped mint leaves and coriander leaves and saute for 2 minutes
- Now add the Country chicken pieces and some turmeric powder and cook for about 5 minutes
- Then add 1/4 cup curd and cook the chicken for 10 minutes
- Then add Chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala
- Saute the masala for 2 minutes
- Add water in the ratio of 1:1.5 (Rice and water) and pressure cook the chicken for 30 minutes. Whistle count doesn't matter
- Then open the lid and add basmati rice that is soaked for 20 minutes, some chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves and lemon juice
- Add ghee and gently mix everything well and cook on low flame for 20 minutes. Do not give whistles.
- Once pressure releases serve the Biryani with raita/gravy of your choice.
Nattu Kozhi is also known as Country chicken. Naatu Kozhi Biryani has delicious flavour and wonderful taste. Credits: Preethi (Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu) Follow us on Naatu kozhi Biriyani / Country Chicken Biriyani. Naatu kozhi Biriyani / Country Chicken Biriyani. So for a variation try this chettinad Biriyani!
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food country chicken biryani/naatu kozhi biryani recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!