Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, meghalayan khasi black sesame chicken. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Doh Syiar Nei-iong is a delicious and authentic Khasi dish from the Northeastern state of Meghalaya. Chicken meat is cooked with roasted and pounded sesame. So join us on this exciting food tour across Shillong.
Meghalayan Khasi Black Sesame Chicken is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Meghalayan Khasi Black Sesame Chicken is something which I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook meghalayan khasi black sesame chicken using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Meghalayan Khasi Black Sesame Chicken:
- Get 50 g black sesame / kala til
- Get 1 teaspoon sugar
- Make ready 2 big onions sliced thin
- Get 2-3 bay leaves
- Take 2 dry red chilli
- Make ready 2 hot green chilli
- Prepare 500 gm chicken/ pork
- Prepare 3-4 inches ginger
- Take 13-15 cloves garlic
- Take 1 tomato (optional, but I prefer it)
- Take to taste Salt
- Get 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
Black sesame is the hero of this dish that lends it its unique flavour. Lip-smacking goodness if you love pork, this is a dish not to be missed if you are in Meghalaya. Sakin Gata is a sticky white rice cake, a sweet delicacy of Meghalayan cuisine. The sticky rice is soaked in water overnight and mixed with.
Instructions to make Meghalayan Khasi Black Sesame Chicken:
- Toast the black sesame seeds on a hot pan for 3-4 minutes till you get the aroma
- Make a paste of the roasted sesame seeds, ginger, garlic,tomato and green chilli
- Sear the chicken in mustard oil till it becomes pale, remove from oil and keep separately.
- Add the bay leaves and red chilli to the oil in which we just seared the chicken, add the onions and tomato (optional), brown the onions.
- Add the sesame paste to the pan and cook it out, add the seared chicken and water. Wait for the chicken to cook till tender, I cook it in the pressure cooker for 2 whistles. And serve !!
Meghalaya recipes share the exotic taste of Meghalayan food. Khasi recipes largely differ from the Garo recipes. The Khasi recipes include a variety of rice preparations, such as In this preparation, pork is cooked with black sesame seeds. Tungrymbai - It is prepared with fermented soyabeans. Sesame black seeds are used to give this dish a dark look which gives a more lucrative surface to this item.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food meghalayan khasi black sesame chicken recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!