Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, vickys scalloped potatoes (no milk) gf df ef sf nf. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Vickys Scalloped Potatoes (No Milk) GF DF EF SF NF is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic. Vickys Scalloped Potatoes (No Milk) GF DF EF SF NF is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
Great recipe for Vickys Scalloped Potatoes (No Milk) GF DF EF SF NF. A great side without the usual white sauce. You can also use a milk alternative in place of the stock such as light coconut milk or rice milk but I find the stock is more flavoursome Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook vickys scalloped potatoes (no milk) gf df ef sf nf using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Vickys Scalloped Potatoes (No Milk) GF DF EF SF NF:
- Make ready 6 white potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- Make ready to taste salt & pepper
- Prepare 75 g dairy-free margarine such as Vitalite sunflower spread or Stork margarine block in the gold foil wrapper
- Prepare 1 large onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- Prepare 480 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- Get 50 g gluten-free / plain flour
Here is how you achieve that. Slice potatoes, ham, mix cream of chicken w/milk, layer potatoes, ham, frozen veggies, cream cheese, salted butter, seasoning, cover with cream of chicken mix and repeat. Put in crockpot, and cook on high until potatoes are tender. Potatoes, Cheddar and ham are slowly cooked in a creamy sauce.
Steps to make Vickys Scalloped Potatoes (No Milk) GF DF EF SF NF:
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350F and grease a shallow ovenproof dish with some sunflower spread or butter
- Make a roux in a small saucepan by melting the sunflower spread over a medium heat then mixing in the flour
- Whisk in the stock a little at a time to avoid getting lumps in the sauce
- Cook for 2 minutes until thickened
- Meanwhile put a layer of potatoes in the bottom, slightly overlapping the slices as you go
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper over then some sliced onion then pour over a third of the sauce mixture
- Add another layer of potato, season with more salt and pepper and add onion on top as before, pour half of the remaining sauce over then add the final layer of sliced potato
- Pour the remaining sauce over the top, you could add a sprinkle of paprika over if you like
- Bake uncovered for 40 - 50 minutes until golden on top and the potatoes and onions are soft and cooked through
- You can add in pre-cooked chopped ham or bacon for extra flavour, top with shredded cheese (Veganic brand is a great vegan no-soy choice), exchange the onion for leek, add in some peas or sweetcorn, dress it up however you like!
I took the advise of some others to layer the ingredients, use mushroom soup with garlic, double the ham and cheese and to use I have been making ham and scalloped potatoes for years and used milk and more cheddar cheese. See more ideas about Dairy free recipes, Dairy free, Gluten free dairy free. Anyways, in a medium sized bowl, you want to use a fork and mash it into as fine a paste as you can. Mix in flour, baking powder, salt, and vanilla extract. I shared my no potato latkes and my grain-free holiday roll out cookies, as well as my mock cocoa fudge..
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food vickys scalloped potatoes (no milk) gf df ef sf nf recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!