Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, chicken bharta. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chicken Bharta is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Chicken Bharta is something which I have loved my whole life.
Kolkata style Chicken Bharta or Chicken Bhorta probably took the essences from the North Indian "Bharta" and Bangladesh "Bhorta" to make itself the best of its kind. Chicken bharta recipe is mughlai dish in which the chicken pieces are almost mashed and Chicken bharta Recipe it quite rich with eggs and spices to bring delectable flavor. It is perfect recipe for any.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook chicken bharta using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Bharta:
- Make ready 500 gms Chicken
- Get 4 tbsp Oil
- Make ready 1 Tej patta/ bay leaf
- Get 2 Elaichi/green cardamom
- Prepare 3-4 Laung/cloves
- Get 1 tsp Cumin seeds/ jeera
- Take 1/2 inch chopped Ginger
- Prepare 7-8 cloves chopped Garlic
- Make ready 2 large Onion: chopped
- Make ready 3 Tomatoes: medium, chopped
- Get 2 tbsp Kasuri methi
- Get 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Make ready 1 tsp Coriander powder
- Make ready 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- Get 1 tsp Garam Masala
- Make ready 1 1/2 tsp Salt or to taste
- Prepare 3 tbsp Cashew Powder
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp Green coriander
- Prepare as required Boiled eggs: to garnish
Chicken Bharta Kolkata Style needs no introduction to a Bengali. We Bengali people are known for The word 'Bharta' or 'bhorta' itself means minced or mashed which is quite popular in Indian cuisine. How to make Chicken Bharta-Minced chicken delicacy- a North Indian favourite. Home » FoodFood » Turban Tadka » Chicken Bharta.
Instructions to make Chicken Bharta:
- Wash and clean the chicken thoroughly. Add the chicken to a pressure cooker with 4 cups of water. Add some salt. Cook for 2 whistles. Let the pressure drop and open. Keep the broth for some other use; I normally make rice it turns out really flavorful.
- While the chicken is still warm, shred it using a fork. I like to keep the pieces a little chunky rather than shredding it all the way. Just make sure to remove all the bones.
- In a kadai/wok, heat the oil. Add the bay leaf, green cardamom, cloves and cumin seeds. Now add the ginger garlic. Let them turn light golden. Add the onions and sauté till onions turn golden. Now add the tomatoes and cook till they are thoroughly cooked. There should be no raw smell and oil should be released.
- Now add the kasuri methi and cashew nut powder. Mix and Cook for 30 seconds. Add all the spices like turmeric powder, coriander, red chilli powder, garam masala and salt. Mix well.
- Now add the shredded chicken and mix it on medium heat till the chicken is nicely coated with the masala. Add ¼ cup of water. - Cook on low heat for 3-4 minutes to allow the chicken to absorb the flavors. Add the butter and mix.
- Cover the pan and let it cook for 2-3 minutes more. Add the chopped green coriander. Remove in serving bowl, garnish with boiled eggs. Serve with parathas or naans.
How to make Chicken Bharta There is a famous restaurant in Kolkata called Honey-Da-Dhaba. They make this famous Chicken Bharta. I had heard a lot about it but never really got a chance to have it. Chicken Bharta (Murgh Bharta) is a simple and easy to prepare chicken side dish from Punjab. Chicken bharta is made with minced chicken.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food chicken bharta recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!