Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, green sour cream chicken enchilada layers. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Creamy Chicken Enchiladas Made with Chicken, Sour Cream, Cream Cheese And More Stuffed Into A Soft Flour Tortilla. Sour Cream Enchiladas are really easy to make too! The Best Sour Cream Shredded Chicken Enchiladas recipe!
Green Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Layers is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Green Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Layers is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have green sour cream chicken enchilada layers using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Green Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Layers:
- Take 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- Prepare 1 tbs chili powder
- Prepare 1 tsp salt
- Get 1 tsp garlic powder
- Prepare 1 tsp ground cumin
- Prepare 1/8-1/4 tsp cayenne
- Make ready 1 bunch cilantro - tied with kitchen twine
- Prepare Enough water to cover chicken in pot
- Take 2 (14 oz) cans green enchilada sauce
- Get 12 small soft white corn tortillas
- Get 2 cups shredded cheddar jack cheese
- Make ready 2 tbs unsalted butter
- Get 2 tbs flour
- Make ready 3/4 cup sour cream
Then you stir in some sour cream, a can of green chiles, and some seasonings. Pour that whole thing on top of these enchiladas and that's it. These Creamy Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas are a crazy delicious cross between your favorite Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas AKA White Chicken Enchiladas and Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas. I honestly didn't know what to call them because no name seemed to do them justice.
Steps to make Green Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Layers:
- Place chicken in a 2 quart sauce pan. Sprinkle with next 5 ingredients. Top with cilantro bundle. Add enough water to cover chicken by 1 inch. Cover. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium low. Simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Drain chicken. Use 2 forks to carefully shred. Place shredded chicken in a bowl. Pour 3/4 of the first can of sauce over chicken. Stir to combine. Pour remaining 1/4 can of sauce in bottom of a 6x8 casserole (usually a 2 quart). Swirl to coat. Set both aside.
- Rinse sauce pan used to cook chicken. Place on stove over medium heat. Add butter. When melted wisk in flour for 1 minute. Wisk in second can of sauce until thickened.
- When sauce has thickened remove from heat. Let sit off heat for about 2 minutes to cool slightly. Wisk in sour cream.
- Assemble: arrange 4 tortillas on top of sauce in dish (they will be overlapping), arrange half the chicken evenly over tortillas, sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over chicken, drizzle 1/3 of the sour cream sauce over cheese. Top with four more tortillas, second half of chicken another 1/2 cup of cheese and another 1/3 of the sauce. Finish with last 4 tortillas, then remaining sauce. Finally sprinkle evenly with last cup of cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 400° oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Let rest 5-10 minutes before serving. Cut into 6-8 pieces. Serve with Mexican inspired sides if desired. Enjoy!
Top the third layer of filling with more tortillas and the remaining enchilada sauce. You want to make sure to cover all the tortillas with sauce to keep them from drying out in the. Simple Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas - a very easy recipe made with a creamy homemade green & white sauce. I actually made these easy creamy chicken enchiladas on a Sunday afternoon, while I was doing other things - it was the perfect end to a weekend. These rich and cheesy sour cream chicken enchiladas, which start with a rotisserie chicken to cut down on prep, are comfort food at its finest.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food green sour cream chicken enchilada layers recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!