Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, mike's grilled citrus chicken. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Juicy and tender, this grilled chicken has a Mexican flair. The citrus isn't a noticeable flavor but it helps to tenderize the chicken breasts. When it's grilling season, this is an easy recipe anyone can make.
Mike's Grilled Citrus Chicken is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Mike's Grilled Citrus Chicken is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have mike's grilled citrus chicken using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Grilled Citrus Chicken:
- Make ready Grilled Citrus Chicken
- Make ready 2 large Boneless Chicken Breasts [roughly the same size]
- Prepare 1 large Fresh Orange [halved & squeezed-reserves rinds]
- Take 1 large Fresh Lemon [halved & squeezed-reserve rinds]
- Prepare 1 large Fresh Lime [halved & squeezed-reserve rinds]
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp Garlic Powder & Onion Powder
- Make ready 1 tbsp Dried Chives
- Take 1/3 tsp White Pepper
- Make ready 1 tsp Sea, Salt
- Make ready 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Prepare Kitchen Equipment
- Take 1 large Ziplock Bag
- Take 1 Grill
Honey Citrus Grilled Chicken with Basil Butter. The bright citrus chicken paired with the rich, savory butter is the perfect balance! It's really the best grilled chicken recipe ever! When I was a kid, grilled chicken always meant bone dry meat buried under a thick layer of burnt on BBQ sauce.
Instructions to make Mike's Grilled Citrus Chicken:
- Clean your chicken breasts under cold water. Clean chicken of any fat or anything unsightly and pat them dry. Place chicken and 2 tbs olive oil in your Ziplock Bag and massage.
- Slice your fruits and squeeze them directly in to the Ziplock bag atop your chicken breasts. Feel free to add additional splashes of citrus juices you may enjoy.
- Add your spices, seal your bag and shake it up. Beat your chicken and fruits hard with your fists whenever you think about it for about an hour. You're tenderizing your chicken and assisting your citrus marinade.
- Clean, heat and spray grill. Place chicken on the grill on medium heat and place your large pieces of smashed fruit on top of them. Save marinade in Ziplock Bag for later use.
- Close grill. Grill at about 375° for 20 minutes [depending upon meat thickness] flipping chicken occasionally. Don't burn or char your chicken just yet but, you do want to see some grill or score marks as pictured below. Keep fruit rinds on top of your chicken. ° Add the remainder of your marinade to your chicken breasts during this time. Remember, not only are you [not] brining this chicken for added moisture - you're also grilling this meat over open flames. With that, you'll want all of the moisture you can get in this chicken!
- Check your chicken for doneness by piercing the center of your thickest piece of meat. If the juices run clear, they're done. If not, grill a bit longer.
- It's time to put a char your chicken! Turn that grill up and put some black on em'! Once completed, I like to [lightly] squeeze an orange and lemon half over my charred chicken.
- Serve any way you'd like! I serve mine with this easy, delicious, Asian Orange Ginger Slaw. Enjoy!
Fortunately as I grew older, I began In honor of that game changing chicken, I created the following grilled spatchcocked citrus herb chicken recipe. Chicken Marinade Recipe with Triple Citrus. Every summer it's all about those chicken marinades right? Because who likes bland and boring chicken The splash of citrus is a nice welcome touch that always enhances the flavors of chicken. Another fun way to use this marinade is to make grilled.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food mike's grilled citrus chicken recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!