Hello everybody, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, dijon and thyme roasted chicken drumstick. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Dijon and Thyme Roasted Chicken Drumstick is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Dijon and Thyme Roasted Chicken Drumstick is something that I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
While I love having whole roasted chickens to pick from, using chicken pieces lends itself to an easy weeknight meal. The drumsticks are coated in a paste made of Dijon mustard, fresh thyme, and shallots. After letting the chicken rest, just pop it in the oven and - voila - tasty, succulent chicken with minimal effort.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook dijon and thyme roasted chicken drumstick using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Dijon and Thyme Roasted Chicken Drumstick:
- Take 8 chicken drumsticks skin on
- Take 2 tbsp olive oil
- Get 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- Get 2 tbsp minced shallot
- Prepare 2 clove garlic minced
- Make ready 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- Prepare 1/2 tsp salt
- Take 1/2 tsp black pepper
Coat the drumsticks with the marinade, rubbing some of the marinade under the skin so the meat is well flavored. Sprinkle some dried thyme over the chicken and add a few cracks of pepper. To make the sauce, add Dijon mustard through black pepper (i.e. Dijon mustard, broth, dates, cumin, thyme, paprika, salt & black pepper) in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
Steps to make Dijon and Thyme Roasted Chicken Drumstick:
- In a small bowl, combine dijon mustard, shallots, garlic, thyme and salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in a large dish and liberally rub the mustard paste over the drumsticks. Cover, refrigerate and let sit for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Cover baking sheet with foil and place the mustard coated drumsticks on the foil.
- Sprinkle drumsticks with kosher salt and black pepper and drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and drizzle chicken with remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Turn oven down to 350° F. Rotate pan and return chicken to oven for 10 minutes.
- Baste chicken with juices from pan and roast for an additional 20 minutes, or until outside of chicken is golden brown.
Alternatively, you can blend the sauce in a blender. In a bowl, combine the butter, mustard, onion, garlic, thyme and pepper flakes. Dip chicken in butter mixture, then coat with bread crumbs. I have been to Greece and let me tell you the food is amazing! They sent me their Wild Forest and Thyme Honey and their Keros Extra Virgin Organic Olive Oil to try.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food dijon and thyme roasted chicken drumstick recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!