Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, trini chicken. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Recipe for: Trini style curry chicken. Ingredients Clean chicken and season with green seasoning and salt and pepper and optionally a tbsp of curry powder(not necessary but add to the flavour). Chinese-style chicken is a dish you can find all over Trinidad and within the diaspora that has followed the nation's emergence from British rule.
Trini Chicken is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Trini Chicken is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook trini chicken using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Trini Chicken:
- Take 4 (4 oz) chicken breasts, rinse and pat dry
- Make ready 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- Take 2 tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- Make ready 2 T reduced sodium soy sauce
- Get 1 small onion, chopped
- Take 1 tsp each of dried thyme, basil, chive and oregano
- Get 3 T EVOO oil
- Take 2 T brown sugar
- Make ready 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Take 1 red bell pepper, chopped
Put chicken in a large bowl, add water until it covers the chicken. Squeeze lime juice in the water and put the peel in Add chicken to the large bowl with half sliced onion, tomato, green onion and cilantro. First up, Trinidad Stewed Chicken or "Stew Chicken" as we say in the local parlance. Browning is a non-optional step if you're really interested in getting that authentic Trini flavor in your dish.
Instructions to make Trini Chicken:
- For marinade, combine garlic, ginger, soy sauce, onion, herbs and 2 T oil in a dish.
- Add chicken and cover with marinade. Let marinate at least 1 hr.
- Heat remaining oil in heavy pot. Before oil gets hot, add sugar. When sugar starts to bubble, lower heat.
- Quickly and carefully add chicken and marinade. Cover pot for 1 min. Uncover and stir until chicken is browned. Cover.
- Turn chicken occasionally, allowing liquid to partially evaporate, until cooked tender or about 30 min. If needed, add 1/2 - 1 c water.
- During last 10 min. of cooking, add tomatoes and bell pepper.
The basis of Stew Chicken is Green Seasoning. We made green seasoning back when we cooked Guyana. Chicken is browned and simmered in a spicy coconut sauce. Adjust the amount of hot pepper to suit Place chicken on a plate. Sprinkle the green onion, cilantro, garlic, onion, salt and pepper over it.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food trini chicken recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!