Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, spicy slow cooker chicken stew. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Spicy Slow Cooker Chicken Stew is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Spicy Slow Cooker Chicken Stew is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
Old El Paso™ salsa provides a flavorful addition to this spicy chicken stew that's made using corn, Progresso™ broth and corn tortillas - perfect for dinner. This Slow Cooker Spicy Chicken Chicken Stew makes it worth scraping a few more frosty windows. Salsa and chili powder add spice to this chicken stew recipe, but probably not too much for timid tasters or kids.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook spicy slow cooker chicken stew using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Spicy Slow Cooker Chicken Stew:
- Make ready 1 kg Chicken pieces
- Take 500 grams mixed vegetables
- Take 300 grams Chorizo sausage, sliced
- Make ready 1 large onion, chopped
- Get 50 grams Spicy chicken thick soup stew (Royco)
- Make ready 1/2 tsp salt
- Make ready 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Make ready 2 tbsp Chicken spice
- Make ready 1 tbsp origanum
- Make ready 1 tsp thyme
- Take 2 tbsp olive oil
- Take 6 clove garlic, crushed
- Get 1 stick butter
- Make ready 500 ml water
- Take 1 bay leaf
For that reason, I don't recommend a very large This spice blend makes a medium-spicy Ethiopian stew. If you don't like spice, try halving the cayenne and red pepper flakes. If you like it really spicy. A simple made-from-scratch curry, slow-cooked spicy chicken curry is delicious.
Steps to make Spicy Slow Cooker Chicken Stew:
- I used chicken breasts and drumsticks (as there aren't that many bones in them), but use any pieces you'd like. First I scored them. Then in a bowl, I combined the salt, ground black pepper, chicken spice, origanum, and thyme, and tossed them with the chicken. Then I drizzled the olive oil over the chicken
- Then in a large pan, melt one stick butter. Fry the onion and garlic on medium to high heat for about 3 mins
- Add the chorizos, and fry for a further 5 mins
- Add the chicken, and brown (5 - 10mins)
- While the chicken is frying, layer your mixed vegetables on the bottom of a greased slow cooker. Choose your favourite vegetables (I used a mixed bag of broccoli, cauliflower, pumpkin, potatoes, carrots and baby marrows)
- Once chicken is browned, transfer to the slow cooker, layering on top of the mix vegetables
- In a measuring jug, make a paste with the spicy chicken thick soup stew powder, with a little cold water. Keep adding water and mixing until you have 500ml (I used the Royco variety, but use whatever is available in your country, or closest to it)
- Pour over chicken over chicken and vegetables. Add the bay leaf
- Turn slow cooker onto high (5 - 6hrs) or on low (7 - 8hrs). Test sauce 3/4 of the way and adjust seasoning accordingly
- (optional) serve with mash or on a bed of rice
Slow cooked to intensify the heat and flavour. Chicken gives you a leaner option for this stew than using beef. Preparing it with a slow cooker gives you added convenience. This dish serves four to six. This creamy slow cooker chicken stew is cheap, filling and healthy too.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food spicy slow cooker chicken stew recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!