Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, kerala roast chicken. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chicken Roast Recipe: A fried chicken recipe which is full of flavor and spices. This dish brings out the authentic south Indian spice of the dish. This Kerala Chicken Roast Recipe is a family favourite which Amma's friend makes and sends over whenever us kids visit Kottayam.
Kerala Roast Chicken is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look wonderful. Kerala Roast Chicken is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook kerala roast chicken using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Kerala Roast Chicken:
- Make ready 2 Onions Sliced
- Get 1/2 kg chicken
- Make ready 10 Shallots
- Make ready leaves Curry
- Make ready 1 tomato diced
- Get 6 Garlic Cloves
- Make ready Half thumb size Ginger
- Get 2 deseeded green chillies
- Make ready 1 tbsp coriander powder
- Get 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder
- Make ready 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Take 1 tsp Garam Masala
- Prepare 1 tbsp Pepper Powder
- Prepare 1/2 cup hot water
- Prepare 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- Take As per taste Salt
Kerala Style Chicken Roast - chicken is marinated with spices & cooked in a well balanced masala. A great side dish for rice & appam. Kerala Chicken Roast is a typical and traditional styled chicken roast dish full of flavor and aroma of a series of natural spices. The hot, spicy and thick flavored gravy blends well with porotta and rice.
Instructions to make Kerala Roast Chicken:
- Grind the shallots,garlic,ginger to a semi paste consistency
- Marinate the chicken with 1tsp of chilli powder, a pinch of turmeric, 1tbsp of vinegar/lime juice, salt to taste. Set aside for half an hour and shallow fry the same.
- Heat a kadai with coconut oil. Add the green chillies and curry leaves and sautee until fragrant. Add the sliced onions and saute until browned(not burnt). Add the shallot paste and sautee till the raw smell goes. Add the tomato and cook until mushy.
- Add all the Masalas, make sure the heat isn't much or else the mix will burn. Saute the mix till oil separates.
- Add in the fried chicken and mix well with the base masala. Add hot water and cook for another 7-10 mins on low heat. Make sure the water is minimal. Add in coconut milk at this stage and roast on high for about two mins constantly sauteeing it.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Goes well with rice,idlies,appam etc
Dry roast the dry spices and cool them. Make a fine powder and add little water and make a paste. Spicy Kerala Chicken Roast is another nadan recipe and a family favorite. It is a dry version and is great accompaniment with rice, chapathi or fried rice. The chicken in this recipe is usually deep fried.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food kerala roast chicken recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!