Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, chicken dum biryani. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Chicken dum biryani is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Chicken dum biryani is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
Chicken dum biryani recipe with step by step pictures. We all love biryani, but when it comes to preparing them most of us, step back because of the tedious process. Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani is a World famous Dish, it is made using chicken which is marinated then cooked and then is added to cooked rice and again.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook chicken dum biryani using 21 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken dum biryani:
- Make ready 500 g chicken
- Get 500 g basmati rice
- Get 1 bunch coriandor
- Get 1 bunch mint
- Take 6 green chillies
- Get 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Get 1 cup curd
- Take 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- Prepare to taste salt
- Make ready 6 green cardamom
- Get 2 cinnamon sticks
- Take 6 black pepper corn
- Take 2 Bay leafs
- Prepare 4 cloves
- Get 1 tbsp red chili powder
- Take 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Prepare 2 mace blades
- Take 1/2 cup oil
- Make ready 1/4 cup fried onions
- Make ready 1 tsp cumin powder
- Make ready 1 tbsp coriander powder
The most important of which comes from the very many spices like cardamom. Chicken dum biryani is a ever green classic that needs no introduction in parts of countries like Persia, India and others! Dum biryani is goodness of rice and meat that comes in layers! Chicken dum biryani recipe: chicken biryani using 'dum' method is probably the longest standing recipe in my to-make list.
Steps to make Chicken dum biryani:
- Wash and drain the chicken nicely.
- Slice onions and deep fry them and keep aside.
- Now make a powder of all the whole spices listed above.and marinade the chicken.
- Now make a fine paste of green chillies,mint and coriandor and apply to chicken, and also add curd lemon juice and oil to it and mix well with your hands making sure every piece is coated nicely.
- Add some fried onions too and give it a nice mix and keep the marinated chicken in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Now take the rice and wash it 2/3 times and sock it for 1 hour.
- Now heat some water in vessel around 6 cups,and add whole spices to it.
- 4 cloves,6 green cardamoms,1 cinnamon,2 Bay leafs 1 black cardamom and 1 tsp shahi jeera and salt around 4 tbsp.
- Once water starts boiling add 1 tsp oil and rice to it.
- Cook rice till 70 %. and drain the water completely.
- Now assembling the biryani.
- Add a layer of marinated chicken,and sprinkles some friend onions, chopped mint and coriandor.
- Now add the layer of rice and again sprinkle some fried onions chopped mint and coriandor
- Second layer of rice same as above
- Add saffron milk on top, u can also add some ghee or clarified butter, it's optional.but if added it enhances the taste
- Now cover the pot with lid. and seal it with whole wheat dough or u can put some weights on top of the lip.to prevent escape of stem.
- Now cook the biryani for 5 mints on high flame. after 5 mints. lift the pot. place the girdle and put the pot back on girdle and lower the heat to slow. and cook for about 30 mints.
- After 30 mints your biryani is ready to serve. but do not hurry to open the lid. switch off the falme and wait for 10 more minutes and then open the lid and enjoy your fresh home made delicious chicken dum biryani..
- U can garnish it with some fried onions and chopped mint and coriander leaves, serve with curd raita. and a lemon.
While a quick chicken biryani is sufficiently satisfying, dum biryani is really. Ingredients in Chicken Dum Biryani Recipe: Cooked in dum style, this chicken biryani is infused in saffron milk and cooked in spices such as cardamom, clove, cinnamon and mace. Kerala Style Chicken Biryani or Chicken Dum Biryani recipe made easy for you with step by step Chicken Biryani is a South Asian rice dish originates from Indian Muslims. Our Dum Biryani is a one-pot-wonder! Add the double cream and chicken and mix well.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food chicken dum biryani recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!