Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, flavors of the south : kerala style chicken tomato roast. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken cooked and roasted in spicy onion tomato gravy. A quite easy Kerala chicken roast preparation. It goes well with rice and chapathi / Indian breads.
Flavors of the South : Kerala Style Chicken Tomato Roast is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Flavors of the South : Kerala Style Chicken Tomato Roast is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook flavors of the south : kerala style chicken tomato roast using 18 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Flavors of the South : Kerala Style Chicken Tomato Roast:
- Take 1/2 kg Chicken
- Get Ingredients for Marination
- Get 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Prepare 1 teaspoon Red Chili/Kashmiri Chili powder
- Prepare 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- Prepare to taste Salt,
- Make ready Ingredients for Masala
- Take 3 Large size Big Onion; finely sliced
- Get 1 tablespoon Each of Ginger & Garlic paste
- Make ready 2 1/2 teaspoons Coriander powder
- Make ready 1 1/2-2 teaspoons Kashmiri Chili powder
- Make ready 1 teaspoon Garam masala
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon Fennel powder
- Prepare 2 Large Tomatoes; finely sliced
- Prepare 3/4-1 cup Thick Coconut Milk
- Make ready Leaves Curry
- Prepare to taste Salt
- Prepare Coconut oil or any Refined oil (refer notes)
This Chicken Roast is absolutely mouth-watering and the masala is hot, sweet. Kerala chicken roast, a spicy and delicious Kerala-style chicken roast recipe with a semi-gravy consisting of onions and masala paste. This Kerala Chicken Roast is one of her specialties and we love it! Once I asked her for her recipe, especially the secret of the deep lovely colour of her special.
Steps to make Flavors of the South : Kerala Style Chicken Tomato Roast:
- Wash and clean the chicken pieces and make deep gashes in them
- Marinate the cleaned chicken with ingredients listed under “Ingredients for Marination” and keep in the refrigerator for half an hour(overnight marination provides best results)
- Shallow fry the marinated chicken pieces till it becomes golden brown on either side the chicken is half cooked (refer notes) Remove the chicken pieces from the pan
- To the same pan, add the sliced onions a pinch of salt
- Cook till onions turn golden brown
- Add the ginger garlic paste and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes or till raw smell disappears
- Throw in the coriander, red chilli, garam masala fennel powders and fry for a few minutes till masala is cooked through
- Add sliced tomatoes curry leaves along with enough salt and mix well
- When the tomatoes become soft and oil appears (add one or two splashes of water to get a nice paste like consistency), add the fried chicken pieces and give a good stir till the masala coats the chicken well
- Now add the thick coconut milk and mix well
- Cover and cook till the gravy is very thick(15 to 20 minutes approximately) The chicken pieces should be succulent coated well with the masala
- This curry has a semi-thick gravy.Serve hot with plain rice/pulav/roti/appam
- You can use any refined oil for this dish but honestly coconut oil enhances the flavor and lifts the dish to a whole new level. So it’s totally your call!
- If you want to avoid excess oil usage, you can skip shallow frying the chicken. Directly proceed to cooking the marinated chicken pieces in a non-stick pan with very little oil and then adding this into the prepared tomato and onion masala with coconut milk
Kerala Chicken Roast is a typical and traditional styled chicken roast dish full of flavor and aroma of a series of natural spices. The hot, spicy and thick flavored gravy blends well with porotta and rice dishes as well. Kerala Style Chicken Roast is unique and special with marinated chicken bits. This chicken curry is one of the most popular recipes on the blog. The old pic wasn't doing justice to the recipe and I wanted to give it a makeover for quite sometime.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food flavors of the south : kerala style chicken tomato roast recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!