Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, chicken chimichanga. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Chicken Chimichanga is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are fine and they look fantastic. Chicken Chimichanga is something which I have loved my whole life.
My family absolutely loves this easy Chicken Chimichangas recipe! A large flour tortilla filled with shredded chicken, refried beans, cheese, salsa and spices. This is just homestyle food that tastes amazing!
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken chimichanga using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Chimichanga:
- Take 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Take 1/2 cup diced white onion
- Take 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Make ready 1 tbsp chili powder
- Make ready 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Prepare 1/4 tsp ground oregeno
- Take 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Prepare 1 shredded rotisserie chicken
- Get 1 tsp salt
- Make ready 1/2 tsp pepper
- Take 1 4-oz can green chili
- Prepare 8 10-inch flour tortillas
- Make ready 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
Add the chicken, onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, salt, and pepper into the pot. These Baked Chicken Chimichangas are a healthier twist on the classic chimichanga. You won't even miss these being fried in this oven-fried version! Chicken Chimichangas that are baked and stuffed with chicken, rice, spices, cheese and more.
Instructions to make Chicken Chimichanga:
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat. Add onions and saute until softened about 2 mins. Add the garlic, chili powder, oregano and cumin, cooking and stirring until fragrant, about 1 min. Add shredded chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the green chilies. Cook 5 mins or until heated through. Set aside.
- One of the time, place the tortillas on a work surface, keeping the remaining tortillas covered with a damp towel. Spread half a cup of the chicken mixture and a rectangle in the center of the tortilla. Sprinkle with 1 to 2 tablespoons of cheese. Fold the bottom of the tortilla over the filling and then fold the sides over. Fold the top of the tortilla over the folded sides and secure the sides with wooden toothpicks. Place folded side down.
- Using tongs lower the chimichangas into a deep fryer folded side down wanted to time. Hold a chimichangas with the tongues into a seal together. Cook until golden brown on all sides about 3 minutes. Drain on a paper towel and continue with remaining Chimichangas.
- Remove toothpicks in serving me with enchilada sauce or salsa drove all over the top with a sprinkling of cheese.
- If desired add jalapeño peppers with the onions. You can also add black beans and Spanish rice in the tortilla when adding the chicken.
Creamy Chicken Chimichanga. featured in Tasty's Favorite Chicken Recipes! This Chicken Chimichanga Recipe has flour tortillas that are filled with chicken, beans and cheese and. Chimichanga (/tʃɪmiˈtʃæŋɡə/; Spanish: [tʃimiˈtʃaŋɡa]) is a deep-fried burrito that is common in Tex-Mex and other Southwestern U. You can make this chicken chimichanga recipe at home! Chicken Chimichanga Recipe with Black Beans and Corn.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food chicken chimichanga recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!