Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, refried beans - quick stovetop recipe. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
"Refried" doesn't mean the beans have been fried twice. The word comes from the Spanish name for the dish—frijoles refritos. To reheat them, just add more water and heat them up on the stovetop.
Refried Beans - Quick Stovetop Recipe is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Refried Beans - Quick Stovetop Recipe is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook refried beans - quick stovetop recipe using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Refried Beans - Quick Stovetop Recipe:
- Take 2 tbsp. butter, divided
- Get 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- Get 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and diced (optional)
- Get 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Take 2 cans (each 15 oz.) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Make ready 1/2 cup unsalted chicken or veggie broth
- Prepare 1 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- Take 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Take 1/2 tsp. oregano
- Make ready Juice from 1/2 lime
- Take 1/4 tsp. salt
- Take 1/8 tsp. pepper
I recently crossed the refried black beans recipe with my pinto beer beans (both available in my cookbook) and ended up with these outrageously delicious refried beans. These are so easy and so so flavorful. You will never want to eat the canned beans again! And I know for a fact that they are the best because, well, this is Gramma Herrera's recipe.
Instructions to make Refried Beans - Quick Stovetop Recipe:
- In a medium saucepan, melt 1 tbsp. of the butter over med-high heat. Once its melted, add the onion and jalapeno (if using). Cook, stirring often, until they're softened, about 5 minutes. Then stir in the garlic and cook until it's fragrant.
- Stir in the beans, broth, chili powder, cumin and oregano and let this mixture come up to a simmer. Once it begins to bubble, let it simmer for about 5 or so minutes, then remove the pan from the heat. Either use a masher to roughly mash the beans, or use a food processor for a smoother consistency.
- Once the beans are mashed, season with the lime juice, salt and pepper. Then stir in the additional tbsp. of butter until it's all melted and incorporated in. That's it! Serve it up with some yummy toppings.
These healthy refried beans are the perfect side dish for any of these dishes. For every post using the #InstantPotChallenge hashtag, Instant Pot will Instead of cooking the beans twice, as you would with traditional refried beans, you simply cook pinto beans until tender and then mash them until creamy. Quick & Easy Mexican Bean and Cheese Tacos Recipe. Delicious, healthy Refried Beans using dry beans - a simple vegan recipe with sooooooo much flavor! These can be made on the stove-top or in an Instant Pot!
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food refried beans - quick stovetop recipe recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!