Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, quick shepherd's pie. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Quick Shepherd's Pie is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Quick Shepherd's Pie is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
A very delicious and quick Shepherd's Pie recipe. I used my own frozen corn and peas and added fresh carrots, diced. Will make this recipe again. gunslinger.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have quick shepherd's pie using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Quick Shepherd's Pie:
- Make ready 3 Potatoes (big)
- Get 500 grams Chicken Breasts
- Take 100 grams Peas
- Make ready 2 Tomatoes (medium)
- Take 3 sliced cheese
- Take Salt
- Prepare Red Chilli Powder
- Make ready 6 Garlic Cloves (diced)
- Get 2 tsp Olive Oil
- Get 6 Pepper Cloves (diced)
- Make ready 50 Butter
I especially love to use white cheddar in this recipe! This quick easy Shepherds Pie recipe is one of my favorite easy one pot recipes. These shepherd's pie recipes run the range from the traditional (featuring ground or minced lamb) to the modestly modified (ground beef instead of lamb) to the more modern and experimental (vegan or paleo shepherd's pies). You can't go wrong with any of these savory one-pot comfort-food casseroles, complete meals that also feature veggies, a savory gravy, and a mashed potato (or a surprise.
Steps to make Quick Shepherd's Pie:
- Boil potatoes (put a pinch of salt in the water while boiling)
- Boil and shred the chicken (add a little salt)
- Boil peas
- Chop tomatoes
- Add olive oil to a skillet
- Add tomatoes, salt (enough to make the tomatoes soft), peas.
- Let the peas cook till medium soft, mash them a little and keep aside.
- Marinate the boiled chicken in red chilli powder, salt, pepper powder, garlic paste. Put it in the fridge for as long as you want (I left it for 4 hours)
- Mash the potatoes with some butter
- Grease the insides of a microwave safe bowl with butter
- Place the peas mixture at the bottom, layer it with the chicken marinade, top it off with the mashed potatoes. Then place the cheese slices.
- Place the bowl in the microwave and use the baked potato setting to cook. If you don't have that setting don't worry, just cook it on convection for 5-7 minutes or u til the cheese starts to brown.
That being said, I love me a good "cheat" meal like this Easy Shepherd's Pie. Add a side salad and you're good to go! Looks like you spent hours in the kitchen creating a gourmet meal when in reality, you spent very little time whipping it up. However, as the dish gained wider popularity outside of its native English homeland (where using beef would make this a cottage pie), beef became a common substitute, especially in America where it's more widely available than ground lamb. Cottage pie is the perfect holiday dish, especially for Christmas Day.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food quick shepherd's pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!