Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, basil chicken- quick and yum. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Thai basil Chicken is a very famous and delicious chicken recipe. Basil chicken is very easy and quick to make. So try this very delicious yet easy Thai basi.
Basil chicken- quick and yum is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Basil chicken- quick and yum is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have basil chicken- quick and yum using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Basil chicken- quick and yum:
- Prepare 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Make ready 1/2 kg chicken small boneless pieces
- Prepare 6 - 7 cloves garlic crushed
- Prepare 2 - 3 green chillies slit
- Take 8 - 10 shallots chopped/crushed
- Make ready 1 - 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Get 1 teaspoon tomato sauce
- Take 1/2 cup basil leaves
- Prepare to taste black pepper powder
- Take 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Make ready to taste salt
- Prepare to taste sugar
Add the chicken back in to soak in the sauce for a few minutes. Just before serving, stir in the basil. Top servings of pasta with the chicken and the sauce. Thai basil is a variety of basil (Ocimum basilicum) best known for its use in Asian cuisine.
Steps to make Basil chicken- quick and yum:
- Heat oil in a non stick pan and fry the crushed garlic cloves and green chillies until golden brown.
- To this add the shallots and saute until the color fades. Add one teaspoon soy sauce, salt and the chicken pieces and mix well. Cook with the lid closed for about 5-10 minutes,stirring occasionally. Add a splash of water, if it gets dry just so that it cooks easily.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add the tomato sauce and taste now.
- Time to balance the flavors- add additional salt, some pepper, the second teaspoon of soy sauce if required and some sugar to get it all in sync.
- Now, just add the basil leaves and squeeze the lime into the mixture. The basil leaves should just get blanched and should not overcook.
- Serve hot. Goes with fried rice, roti or any flat bread and even as a starter.
Unlike its cousin, Italian basil (aka Genovese basil), Thai basil has sturdy, resilient leaves that stand up well to extended cooking times and prolonged heat. Native to Southeast Asia, this member of the Lamiaceae family is recognizable by its narrow green leaves with serrated edges, purple stems, and. To create this dish, we use a special species of basil native to Thailand, where its Thai name is bai horapa. Also called sweet basil or Asian basil, it's an herb used for its delicate, anise flavor. Thai basil is so popular in Indian and Southeast Asian cooking that it is actually so much more than an herb - it's practically a vegetable.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food basil chicken- quick and yum recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!