Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, easy microwave chicken char siu. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Great recipe for Easy Microwave Chicken Char Siu. I like char siu and I wanted to try to make it with chicken. Also I wanted to make an easy recipe using a microwave.
Easy Microwave Chicken Char Siu is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Easy Microwave Chicken Char Siu is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook easy microwave chicken char siu using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Easy Microwave Chicken Char Siu:
- Take 1 Chicken thigh
- Make ready 1 Salt and pepper
- Prepare 2 tbsp ●Mirin
- Take 2 tbsp ●Sake
- Take 3 tbsp ●Soy sauce
- Prepare 1 tbsp ●Honey
- Get 1 clove ●Grated garlic
- Take 1 knob ●Grated ginger
Microwave Char Siu and water (or heat on stove) and stir to combine. Place wings in a big bowl or zip-lock bag. Pour the Char Siu/water mix over. Marinate for at least an hour.
Instructions to make Easy Microwave Chicken Char Siu:
- Place the chicken with the skin side out on your work surface. Roll up and truss with a cotton string. Prick the skin surface with a fork several times to prevent shrinking when cooking.
- Lightly salt and pepper all sides of the chicken. Put all ● ingredients into a heat-proof bowl and mix quickly. Place the prepared chicken in the centre of the bowl.
- Place a circular piece of parchment paper gently over the chicken and cover the bowl loosely with cling film. Microwave at 500 W for 3 minutes.
- Take the bowl out of the microwave and turn over the chicken. Place the parchment paper circle over the chicken and cover the bowl loosely with cling film. Microwave at 500 W for a further 3 minutes.
- When you insert a skewer and clear juice comes out the chicken is done. If the juice is reddish, return to the microwave to cook for another minute. Check every minute or so and repeat until the chicken is done.
- After cooling, put the chicken and the marinade into a resealable bag. Place the bag in a container to allow the chicken to be completely covered by the marinade. Let rest overnight.
- If you need to reheat it, try doing so over a hot water bath. This sauce is really good with rice Drizzle the sauce over the rice and make a rice bowl with the chicken char siu!
- Slice the char siu into a thickness of your liking. The chicken is very moist and juicy! Serve the slices with vegetables or salad.
- If you don't have any cotton strings use toothpicks or skewers instead to shape the chicken. If you don't have parchment paper, use cling film.
Place wings on lined cookie sheet. Pour half the marinade over the wings. Turn wings over and pour on remaining marinade. Easy Microwave Chicken Char Siu Recipe by cookpad.japan. The best place to find and share home cooked recipes.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food easy microwave chicken char siu recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!