Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, lexie’s chicken florentine. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis. Chicken Florentine casserole, which can also be adapted with either fish or shrimp, lies on a bed of spinach leaves and mushrooms, has a creamy white sauce mixed with garlic, Parmesan cheese, and. Chicken Florentine is chicken that lies on a bed of spinach leaves, has a creamy white sauce, and is undeniably delicious!
Lexie’s Chicken Florentine is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Lexie’s Chicken Florentine is something that I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have lexie’s chicken florentine using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Lexie’s Chicken Florentine:
- Prepare 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts; pounded even (1”-1 1/4” in thickness)
- Make ready 3 tablespoons butter (or ghee if you have it)
- Prepare Salt and pepper
- Make ready 8 ounces white mushrooms (sliced or quartered)
- Prepare 1 1/2-2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- Take 1 tablespoon flour
- Get 1/3 cup white wine
- Take 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Prepare 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Take 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- Prepare 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
This Chicken Florentine is made with layers of tomato, spinach, chicken, bechamel and cheese. If you search Chicken Florentine on the internet the results will show a range of different dishes. Chicken Florentine is a rich and creamy chicken recipe that is full of flavor. Chicken is cooked in a cast iron skillet and the skin is browned to a crisp.
Steps to make Lexie’s Chicken Florentine:
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat in a large pan (cast iron skillet is best!). Season the chicken breasts to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook on medium-medium high (6 or so on an electric stove) for 10 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and cover with foil to keep warm. Add the mushrooms to the pan.
- Cook the mushrooms for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Remove the mushrooms from the pan. Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter and the garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the wine to the pan and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 1 minute or until wine is reduced by half.
- Stir in the cream and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the sauce has reduced by about half and has started to thicken. Stir in the parmesan cheese. Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- Add the spinach to the pan. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until spinach has wilted. Stir the mushrooms into the sauce.
- Place the chicken breasts back into the pan and spoon the sauce over the top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle with parsley, then serve as is, or over pasta 😋
Serve with the heavy cream sauce over rice or with. Classic chicken Florentine–creamy spinach served atop sautéed chicken cutlets–is a fast and easy meal. To keep calories lower, this recipe uses cornstarch to thicken the cream instead of cheese. We are now a homesteading family and love our sweet chickens. We utilize them in every way imaginable from pest control (they eat ticks and bugs!) to eggs to the meat.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food lexie’s chicken florentine recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!