Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, cajun chicken over pasta. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place the chicken and the Cajun seasoning in a plastic bag. Chicken dredged in Cajun spices is sauteed with bell peppers and mushrooms, and presented in a basil-cream sauce over linguine.
Cajun Chicken over Pasta is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Cajun Chicken over Pasta is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook cajun chicken over pasta using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Cajun Chicken over Pasta:
- Take 12 ounce pasta of choice
- Take 12 ounce boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 2 inch strips
- Make ready Spice Mixture
- Get 1 tsp cayenne
- Take 1 3/4 tsp onion powder
- Get 1 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Take 1 tsp paprika
- Prepare 1 tsp dried basil
- Prepare 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- Take 2 1/2 Tbsp unseasoned bread crumbs
- Prepare Sauce
- Prepare 2 Tsp vegetable oil
- Prepare 1 tsp crushed garlic
- Take 3/4 cup chopped onions
- Get 3/4 cup chopped sweet green peppers
- Prepare 4 cups canned or fresh tomatoes, crushed
- Get 1 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Make ready 1 tsp dried oregano
- Make ready 1/4 tsp cayenne
Add the chicken and Cajun seasoning and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken just starts to change color and the spices are toasted. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain when pasta is still al dente; do not overcook! Add half the chicken in a single layer; do not stir.
Steps to make Cajun Chicken over Pasta:
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the spice mixture; then coat chicken in spice mixture.
- In a medium, non-stick skillet sprayed with vegetable spray or covered with oil, saute chicken on medium heat until cooked through (no longer pink). Set chicken aside.
- In the same skillet, heat oil; saute garlic, onions and peppers for 5 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes, basil, oregano and cayenne. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Prepare pasta of choice and top with chicken. Combine with sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
Place the chicken cubes in a bowl, pour the Cajun seasoning over top, then stir to coat the chicken in the spices. Once the skillet is very hot and the butter is melted and foamy, add the seasoned chicken pieces. Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat. Reduce heat add green onion, heavy cream, tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, black pepper and heat through. Pour over hot linguine and toss with Parmesan cheese.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food cajun chicken over pasta recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!