Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, baked beef and chicken empanatas. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
These beef empanadas are baked not fried and feature an easy-to-make ground beef filing. In this recipe we use premade empanada disks so they come together really quick. With step by step instructions, you'll be an expert in no-time.
Baked Beef and Chicken Empanatas is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Baked Beef and Chicken Empanatas is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook baked beef and chicken empanatas using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Baked Beef and Chicken Empanatas:
- Take 1 lb Ground beef
- Make ready 1 envelope Perdu Italian Chicken Slices (fully cooked)
- Get 2 tsp chili powder
- Get 2 tsp ground cumin
- Get 2 envelope sazon (goya)
- Get salt and pepper
- Get 1 can tomato paste
- Make ready 1 1/2 can diced tomato with green chilis
- Prepare 1 packages monterey jack
- Get 1 packages mild chedder
- Prepare 4 box pillsbury pie crust
- Make ready 2 eggs
- Get 1/8 can refried beans
- Prepare 1 medium onion, chopped
- Get all-purpose flour
- Take olive oil
Chicken Empanada is a well loved recipe. Most countries have their own version using a variety of ingredients. Empanada can be fried or baked. This chicken empanada recipe is involves baking because it gives the crust more flaky texture.
Instructions to make Baked Beef and Chicken Empanatas:
- Pre-heat oven at 425. Roll out dough very thinly (not thin enough it will rip though) on flour. Use bowl to cut out disk. (I got 5 out of each pie crust)
- In sautee pan, cook finely chopped onions in light olive oil. After onions are soft and golden add 1 teaspoon of cumin and 1 teaspoon of chili powder. Add salt and pepper and one packet of sazon, and 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- Add ground beef and cook until done, add half of can tomato paste let sit and cool.
- In mixing bowl add remaining seasoning, shredded chicken, half a can of drained diced tomatoes, salt and pepper and remaining tomato paste
- Wisk egg in bowl and set next to work station with a brush
- Add 2 tablespoons of ground beef mixture to disk and add two tablespoons of Monterey jack. Add 2 tablespoons of chicken mixture and two tablespoons of mild cheddar.
- Use brush and lightly coat outside edge of full disk, fold in half. Take a fork and press around fold to hold crust together, then brush with egg wash on top only
- Line on cookie sheet (close together is okay, not much space is needed), pop in over until golden brown. (Roughly 15-20 minutes depending on your oven.)
I have tried other fillings as well: teriyaki beef from the take out place, chopped up rotisserie chicken with other spices and cajun spiced sausage. These baked chicken and cheese empanadas are a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken. For best results, do not overfill them or the dough may tear. This Filipino chicken empanada has a mildly sweet, buttery, flaky pastry baked to a golden crisp. Empanada is a pastry turnover famous around the globe, especially in Latin and South America and, of course, in the Philippines.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food baked beef and chicken empanatas recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!