Hello everybody, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, spicy bourbon chicken. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Spicy Bourbon Chicken is one of my favorite Chinese quick meals to make on a weeknight. The flavors are so much better than takeout and you can make this recipe with chicken breast. Easy Bourbon Chicken that's crispy, sweet, sticky and tastes just like the kind you grew up eating To make this more spicy double the crushed red pepper or swap the red pepper for Sriracha sauce.
Spicy Bourbon Chicken is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Spicy Bourbon Chicken is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook spicy bourbon chicken using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Spicy Bourbon Chicken:
- Make ready 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- Get 1 Tbsp canola oil
- Prepare 2 # boneless chicken thighs
- Take 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Take 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- Make ready 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Make ready 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Take 1/4 C soy sauce-low sod
- Prepare 1/4 C brown sugar
- Prepare 1 red pepper, chunks
- Take 2 1/2 carrots, sliced
- Take 1 onion, small, sliced
- Prepare 1/4 head cabbage, sliced
- Make ready 1/4 C Bourbon
- Make ready 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- Take 1/4 C apple juice
- Make ready 1 Tbsp ketchup
- Prepare 4-6 Tien Tsin chili peppers, seeded and cut
Bourbon Chicken recipe: A flavorful chicken dish named after Bourbon Street in New Orleans It's wonderfully sweet & spicy without being too hot. For kids that don't like hotstuffs, cut down on the. This easy chicken recipe is both sweet and spicy and inspired by the North American Festival Mardi Gras and Bourbon Street! I have never encountered anyone that did not love this chicken recipe.
Steps to make Spicy Bourbon Chicken:
- In a medium bowl combine: soy sauce, brown sugar, bourbon, rice vinegar, apple juice and ketchup. Mix well and set aside.
- Break the chilies open and discard the seeds inside, then cut them into a few large pieces to cook.
- In 2 large skillets, add some sesame oil and canola oil and heat them over medium heat. Add the chilies to 1 skillet and saute for 30-40 seconds. Add the chicken and saute until fully cooked and browned on both sides. In the other skillet, add the red pepper, carrots, and onion and saute until tender. In a medium pot, boil enough water to cook the cabbage until tender but not to soft, about 7 minutes. Drain.
- To the skillet with chicken; when browned, pull out chicken and cut into small chunks and put back in pan. Now add a little more oil if needed and add the garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes and chili powder with the chicken and mix together. Saute for 1 minute. Now add the vegetables to the chicken and pour in the sauce over everything, mix and saute 4 minutes more. Serve.
How to Make Bourbon Chicken - Bourbon Chicken Recipe Thanks for watching Soul food Cooking!! To see my Amazon store please click on the link below. This Bourbon Chicken is so much better than the standard food court recipe! The chicken turns out tender, juicy and loaded with tons of sauce. The sauce is the perfect combination of sweet and savory.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food spicy bourbon chicken recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!