Hello everybody, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, slow cooker barbecue chicken. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
However, it really wouldn't be much different than just pouring on Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce. I couldn't even detect a hint of the red pepper flakes, and Ray doesn't really need any extra sugar since it's quite sweet to begin with. A slow cooker is an excellent option for a barbecue, especially when the weather is too wet or too cold to fire up the grill.
Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have slow cooker barbecue chicken using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken:
- Prepare 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1.5 lbs worth)
- Take 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- Get 3/4 cup brown sugar
- Take 1/4 cup cold water
- Prepare 1 tsp onion powder
- Make ready 1 tsp hickory flavored liquid smoke
- Take 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (white vinegar will do)
- Get 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Prepare 5-6 dashes worcestershire sauce
- Take Salt and pepper to taste (optional, I didn't use any)
At that point, the chicken is removed and pulled apart into shreds. You'll wrap it in foil to keep it warm and moist. From Skinny Ms., check out this Slow Cooker Spicy Barbecued Chicken that has a hint of sweetness and a bit on the hot side. Pressure Cooker Hawaiian BBQ Chicken from Pressure Cooking Today is a marriage between BBQ chicken and Hawaiian chicken teriyaki.
Steps to make Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken:
- Place chicken in the bottom of your slow cooker. Wisk together all other ingredients. Pour evenly over chicken.
- Cook on low 6 hrs. Shred chicken (you can do it right in the slow cooker). Stir shreds into the sauce.
- Continue on low 1-2 more hrs to really flavor the chicken. Serve on toasted buns. Enjoy!
- See notes below ⤵
- NOTE: You can totally use bottled bbq sauce instead of the sauce ingredients listed. I'd go with about 1 1/2 cups sauce + 1/4 cup water. I just always have everything on hand to make homemade sauce and prefer it over bottled.
This delicious slow cooker barbecue chicken is just the answer. Full of flavor and easy to make! This simple slow cooker recipe will make your dinnertime rush easy and delicious! Plus the recipe can be easily doubled if you need to feed a crowd! This recipe is very simple to make!
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food slow cooker barbecue chicken recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!