Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, slow cooker chicken mole. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
A unique blend of spices and cocoa powder turns into a rich and complex mole sauce after a long simmer in the slow cooker. Along with the tender chicken, it's a great filler for soft tortillas, or as a dip with corn chips. Pour the mole sauce over the chicken, spreading it to cover completely.
Slow Cooker Chicken Mole is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Slow Cooker Chicken Mole is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook slow cooker chicken mole using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Slow Cooker Chicken Mole:
- Make ready 2 lbs Boneless, skinless Chicken thighs
- Take 2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Prepare 1 (14.5 oz) Can of Diced Tomatoes
- Get 1 Medium Onion, diced
- Make ready 2 Dried Ancho Chiles, stemmed
- Prepare 2 Large Chipotle Chiles in Adobo Sauce, plus 1 tablespoon Adobo Sauce
- Take 1/2 Cup Sliced Almonds, roasted or not. Does not matter
- Take 1/3 Cup Bittersweet Chocolate, finely chopped
- Make ready 2-3 Cloves Garlic, diced
- Take 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Prepare 1/4 tsp Ground Cumin
- Prepare 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
The mole whips up in a mini food processor and from there the assembly is easy. The most time consuming part of the recipe is skinning the chicken. This is also a gross job. You need to very careful when you remove the chicken from the bones.
Instructions to make Slow Cooker Chicken Mole:
- Season both sides of the chicken thighs with pepper and place them in the slow cooker.
- Place all of the remaining ingredients in a blender and blend on high until it is of a smooth consistency, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour the Mole Sauce over the chicken in the slow cooker. Stir together the sauce and chicken.
- Cook on low for 6 hours. Check out the chicken. If you wish it to be more tender, then cook another 1-2 hours.
- Remove the chicken and the sauce into a bowl and then shred it with two forks.
Rather than go through that slightly labor-of-love process, in this version you blend all the sauce ingredients and let the slow cooker bring out and marry the flavors. For some reason, pretty much all slow cooker chicken mole recipes I found used tomatoes yet none of the more traditional recipes did. Find gluten-free, heart-healthy, vegetarian, vegan, Instant Pot, slow cooker, sheet pan, seafood recipes, and more. Or if you're simply looking for a healthy chicken dinner, you'll find that, too. Shred chicken into large pieces; return to slow cooker.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food slow cooker chicken mole recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!