Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, crockpot chicken tinga. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Mix chicken, onion, tomato sauce, chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce, jalapeno peppers, garlic, oregano, cumin, chili powder, and red pepper flakes in a slow cooker. Turn off the slow cooker and transfer chicken to a clean cutting board. Remove and discard the bay leaf.
Crockpot Chicken Tinga is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Crockpot Chicken Tinga is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have crockpot chicken tinga using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Crockpot Chicken Tinga:
- Make ready 8 Roma Tomatoes
- Make ready 1 large Onion
- Take 24 Pace picante sauce - I use Hot
- Get 3 tsp Tomato bouillon with chicken flavor
- Take 6 medium Jalapenos
- Make ready 2 lb Chicken meat- white or dark or even mixed
- Take 3 cup Water
- Make ready 1 box Rice-boil in bag
- Take 1 packages Mixed veggies-corn, peas and carrots
Chicken tinga is a Mexican stew of chicken, tomato, onion, and chipotle peppers. The dish is savory, smoky, tangy, and as satisfying as any comfort food. It's incredibly versatile and makes a nice filling for tacos, burritos, huaraches, enchiladas, and even nachos. Like most stews, it also keeps well, and may even taste best on the second or third day as the flavors marry.
Steps to make Crockpot Chicken Tinga:
- Cook chicken. While the chicken is cooking, cut up romas, onions and jalapenos. Seed the jalapeños if you don't want it really spicy. I seed half of them. Put cut up veggies in crockpot. Turn on high.
- When chicken is done completely and cooled some, shred chicken and add to crockpot.
- Cook rice per package directions and add mixed veggies to rice after rice is done. Sprinkle with tomato bouillon and mix together. Careful not to add to much to this step as it is salty. It's just to add a touch of flavoring to the rice. I keep the rice separate from the tinga.
- Start with rice in a bowl and smother the rice with the Tinga. I use the leftovers to make burritos. That recipe to come in a few days! Enjoy!
The chicken can be simmered slowly on the stovetop or is perfectly prepared in the slow cooker. Chicken Tinga is traditionally served as tacos or tostadas, but can make a filling for many Mexican dishes. The recipe is thought to have originated in Puebla, Mexico. Slow Cooker Chicken Tinga Tacos—easy to make smoky chicken tacos with all the fixings. A fresh weeknight meal that comes together quickly.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food crockpot chicken tinga recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!