Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, melissa's whole crockpot chicken. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Crockpot Chicken and Rice is a hearty one pot meal made in a slow cooker. Italian marinated chicken breasts are cooked with a flavorful rice pilaf that's rich and filling. It's guaranteed to become a family favorite you can enjoy any night of the week.
Melissa's whole crockpot chicken is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Melissa's whole crockpot chicken is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook melissa's whole crockpot chicken using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Melissa's whole crockpot chicken:
- Get 4 lb whole chicken (no insides)
- Prepare 2 tsp salt
- Make ready 2 tsp paprika
- Make ready 1 tsp thyme
- Make ready 1 tsp Rosemary
- Prepare 1 tsp Shallot powder (or onion powder)
- Get 1 tsp Poultry seasoning
- Take 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Take 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Get 1/4 cayenne pepper
Directions: Start by mixing together paprika, all purpose seasoning, garlic powder and salt. Place the whole chicken on top of the veggies, put the crock pot on the high setting, cover and cook. Skip the overnight refrigeration if you are in a hurry. For variety, eliminate the onion and substitute a quartered lemon or two, stuffed into the chicken cavity.
Instructions to make Melissa's whole crockpot chicken:
- Combine all spices in a small bowl.
- Place chicken in 6-qt crockpot. Rub spice mixture over all parts of the chicken. DON'T add any water or liquid. Chicken will release juices during cooking process.
- Cook until chicken is fully cooked. Roughly, low heat 5-7 hours, high heat 2.5-4 hours. Add additional time for larger chickens, but don't over cook or chicken will be dry. Reserve bones, skin, and juices and see "Melissa's homemade chicken stock".
The standard size slow cookers are a bit too small and a whole chicken won't fit. I use my slow cooker to prepare these well-seasoned chicken breasts that cook up moist and tender. My daughter, who has two young sons to keep up with, shared this great recipe with me several years ago. I now rely on cooking chicken in a Crock Pot many days a week.—Sundra Hauck, Bogalusa, Louisiana Crock Pot Whole Chicken Recipe. Want to enjoy a tender and succulent rotisserie style chicken at home?
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food melissa's whole crockpot chicken recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!