Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, chicken enchiladas. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken enchiladas is an easy casserole dish made to feed a crowd. Lean white meat is sauteed An authentic enchilada sauce is made with a tomato based sauce, chipotle peppers, chicken broth, and. These have been one of my most popular recipes since I first posted, which I Enchiladas can be filled with anything you can think of!
Chicken Enchiladas is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. Chicken Enchiladas is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken enchiladas using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Enchiladas:
- Get 3 large chicken breasts (or 4 med to small)
- Take 28 oz Mild Red Enchilada Sauce
- Prepare 3 cup Shredded Cheese (or 4 cups, I like the Fiesta Blend, but Cheddar is fine too)
- Take 8 Burrito Style Flour Tortillas
- Take The Rice
- Prepare 1 box Zateran's Spanish Rice
- Get 1 can diced tomatoes (I like the ones with the green chilies)
- Prepare 1 Water
- Prepare 1 Butter (optional)
Our favorite red chili chicken enchiladas! I recall often eating these chicken enchiladas with very little cheese on them. (My mom, bless her soul, has no recollection of the chicken enchiladas without. Chicken Enchiladas will forever and always be one of my must have foods. With a sauce like this Homemade Chicken Enchiladas.
Instructions to make Chicken Enchiladas:
- Boil the chicken breasts until cooked (usually 20-30 mins). (Feel free to grill or bake if you prefer.)
- Make the Zateran's rice according to the instructions on the box. Make the rice in a larger pan than what seems necessary (all the other ingredients will be added to this).
- Preheat oven to 350°
- While the rice is cooking shred the cooked chicken. (Or dice it if you prefer that texture.)
- When rice is done, add shredded (or diced) chicken, half of your cheese, and half of your enchilada sauce. Stir it all together. (This is a good opportunity to add any other ingredients you might enjoy such as, thawed/cooked corn, beans, or cilantro.)
- Grease a 9 x13 pan.
- Using a large serving spoon, spoon the rice mixture into the tortillas. (If the tortillas are stiff you can heat them in the microwave a little to soften them.) As you roll reach tortilla up, place it into the 9x13 pan. (I usually get about 8 tortillas, but they are pretty large.)
- Once the pan is full of tortillas (I do end up using all of the rice mixture for that), pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the top of them, evenly.
- Top the pan with the rest of the cheese
- Cover the pan (aluminium foil works well) and place it in the preheated oven (350°) and bake for 30 mins. (I usually cover the pan with aluminum foil for the first 20 mins, then I take it off for the last 10 mins, I switch my oven to broil for the last 5 mins because I love over cooked cheese, but all that isn't necessary, you can just cover it if you want.)
- Serve warm. I like to top them with sour cream and avocados. Sometimes hot sauce or salsa.
When we go to Mexican restaurants, enchiladas or tacos of some. LOVE this easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole recipe! It's made with the best homemade enchilada sauce, and layered with corn tortillas, cheese, beans, and your favorite fillings. These chicken enchiladas are so easy to throw together. They come together quickly with items you may already have in your fridge or pantry.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food chicken enchiladas recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!