Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, jamaican jerk chicken. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Hot, succulent Jamaican Jerk Chicken is a tropical treat. You'll love the heat and flavor of this fiery marinade. The best Jamaican Jerk Chicken including oven and grilling instructions!
Jamaican Jerk Chicken is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Jamaican Jerk Chicken is something which I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have jamaican jerk chicken using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Jamaican Jerk Chicken:
- Prepare 4 chicken thighs or legs; bone-in
- Prepare 5 bunch scallions; trimmed
- Get 4 habanero peppers; tops trimmed
- Get 1 yellow onion; rough chop
- Get 3 clove garlic; minced
- Make ready 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- Get 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- Make ready 2 tbsp ground allspice
- Get 1 tbsp fresh thyme; minced
- Prepare 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Take 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Prepare 1 tbsp ground coriander seed
- Get 1 tbsp white pepper
- Get 1 tsp ground cloves
- Make ready 1 tsp nutmeg
- Get 1 juice and zest of one lime
- Prepare 1 salt
Here's a fun bit of jerk history: the word jerk refers to a way of cooking that's popular in Jamaica. Prepare the chicken by removing the backbone using a pair of kitchen shears or a sharp knife. Transfer the chicken to a baking sheet and and flatten it down to spread the chicken out as much as possible. Jerk Chicken - a well-seasoned grilled chicken with a Jamaican jerk marinade that has the perfect balance of heat, sweet and savory.
Steps to make Jamaican Jerk Chicken:
- Place all ingredients except chicken and oil in a food processor. Slowly pour in the vegetable oil while blades are spinning.
- Use half of the sauce to marinate the chicken from 4-48 hours.
- Wipe marinade off chicken and pat dry. Toss chicken with just enough oil to cover. Season with salt and pepper.
- If using a grill, set chicken skin side down to sear. Move chicken to a spot with indirect heat and baste chicken often.
- If cooking indoors, mark on a grill plate or sear the chicken skin side down in a large saute pan. Turn chicken over and baste with the remaining sauce. Throw the pan in a 350° oven for approximately 30-40 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°
- Alternatively, place chicken skin side up in a casserole dish and cover with the remaining sauce. Bake at 350° approximately 50 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°
You'll want to make this all year round! Jamaican jerk chicken is flavorful, tangy, sweet, & juicy. It is full of delicious spices and is far from boring. It is loved in a variety of ways, however. In a large casserole with a lid, combine all ingredients except chicken.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food jamaican jerk chicken recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!